Triliaeris
Participant
@triliaeris

I was supposed to switch to a normal, scent free lotion for my tattoo after seven days. I actually ended up switching a day earlier than I was supposed to with the first lotion, which was an all natural thing. I seemed to be allergic to it unfortunately…which for me, is normal with lotions. Ages ago I tried this weird grape stuff, no tattoo at this time, and ended up with sores down my legs…oh it was horrid.

Soooo anyway, the area around the tattoo ended up feeling hot, itchier than it was before and red. I would wash it off, and all of that would stop…so I switched back to the Aquaphor for a couple of days longer.

Today I got a new lotion, normal lotion, shea butter with vitamins kind of thing. No flowerly plant extracts or whatever…ANNNDD it’s on for about an hour and slowly but surely my leg starts to heat up, turn red and get itchy again.

So…what do I do now? I keep hearing Savlon or something mentioned on the forums, where do I find that? What do I do for a lotion? Should I keep using the Aquaphor since I don’t have a reaction to that? I don’t want to be inducing an allergic reaction directly onto a new tattoo obviously…and honestly, I don’t want to be inducing an allergic reaction at all.

So, I really really need some help please. I have no idea what chemical, additive, oil, extract or whatever is doing it….but I can’t keep it up. Any names, brands, ideas, anything would be appreciated. I’m goinng to use the aquaphor tonight and hopefully by tomorrow morning I can stop and get something new. Please provide links or stores or something where I can find this stuff. Thanks guys.:confused:

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

sounds like a nightmare .

you could try dry healing or go to your doctors and see if he/she can suggest a cream for you.
I use savlon ( which can be brought from anywhere in the uk ) because its mild and other creams bring me out in spots under my tattoo which feels itching 🙁
where are you from ?

Triliaeris
Participant
@triliaeris

I’m in the US, Nebraska. I didn’t know I had the option of dry healing and unfortunately because I can’t get insurance through work or on my own…the doctor is someone I’d like to avoid.

It’s very frustrating because I really just want to do everything right and keep it safe and healthy until it heals.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

many people dry heal , i haven’t myself so someone here would be better to advise you on it .
All i know is to drink plenty of water to keep your skin healthy .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.