Janine87
Participant
@janine87

Hey everyone!

I got my tattoo yesterday. I washed everything off after 2 hours and put the creme on I got from the studio. Im doing this as much as I can do on the day. Is it normal when some of the ink is coming off on the second day?

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

do you mean your scab is peeling already ?

Janine87
Participant
@janine87

no its not scab. it looks like the ink.

JediMaster012
Participant
@jedimaster012

When I got my tattoo, the artist did say some ink would look like it’s coming out during the first few days and that it would be no problem. He said it was just the ink in the top layers on skin. It did happen to me, but two weeks later, the tattoo appears to be healing fine.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

can you take a photo and post it ? if its watery it could be plasma :confused:

Janine87
Participant
@janine87

Well it is wet like but thats because I put on the creme.Doesnt look different to me than when I first got it and it was wet.

JediMaster012
Participant
@jedimaster012

Just to clarify, because I realized my first post was unclear, but my tattoo only did something like that for a couple days. If you are worried, you could just give the place you got it at a call.

Janine87
Participant
@janine87

yeah thats fine jedi. I got it only yesterday afternoon so its fine! ๐Ÿ™‚

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

if its plasma its normal

Janine87
Participant
@janine87

right ok! ๐Ÿ™‚ cuz it is like kinda watery but i can get that with kitchen towel and put on new creme right?

Triliaeris
Participant
@triliaeris

I was informed to wash mine before adding any new ointment over it…that way I wasn’t smothering it. I’d say wash it, let it dry completely and then add new cream over it….but I’m a super noob so hopefully someone else replies for you too, lol

Janine87
Participant
@janine87

lol ok! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I do that so!

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

you should always wash your hands before going near it, then wash the tattoo off and pat it dry, never rub it, and once dry then re apply a thin coating of the cream/lotion your using for aftercare.

just in case you have any more tattoo’s done in the future, I always recommend to my clients to wash the tattoo off with quite hot soapy water for the first time,this will open up the pores and wash out any waste ink that dont need to be there.. then wash it again with tepid or cold soapy water after a couple of minutes, this will then close the pores and lock in the ink and normally prevents any further seapage of ink, this normally prevents you waking up either stuck to your bedsheets or having to wash them to remove ink thats leaked out over night ๐Ÿ™‚

from what you have described, your healing ok, but remember to not apply cream without washing it first, and remember to wash your hands before doing anything to it ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.