bjornvil
    Participant
    @bjornvil

Hi

I am on day 2 of healing and it is starting to form a scab. I have been using Tattoo Goo as it was given to me by the artist. I feel as though it is not moisturizing the tattoo well enough. The tattoo feels pretty dry soon after applying the Tattoo Goo.

On my other tattoos (a long time ago mind you) I used something I don´t remember the name of, but it was more like an ointment rather than a lotion, but it kept the tattoo much softer than the Goo.

Should I try some other type of lotion, or is this normal with Tattoo Goo? Anyone here got experience with Tattoo Goo?

Thanks guys! 😀

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

when i had my back tattoo i used tattoo goo and it healed fine, it is quite thick tho
    if you feel its not working for you switch to a different type of lotion ( ones thats safe to use )
    at the moment im using savlon because i was using bepanthen but it makes me too feel greasy

-DMD-
    Participant
    @dmd

I’ve always used “bepanten plus”, i mean always
    since the first day i got the tattoo and for like three weeks.

bjornvil
    Participant
    @bjornvil

Thanks for the answers, but I asked around, and they don´t seem to have these brands here in Iceland.

I guess I´ll have to ask around here in Iceland to find an alternate if I need one.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

hi

bepanthen is a nappy rash cream which is nice and mild , maybe you could search any icelandic forums and see if people are talking about a cream that is similar ?
    or maybe its possible the same brand has a different name there ?

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

to be honnest with you, it is now going to be day 3 before you obtain a new cream…… dont waste your money, use the goo for 2 more days then swap over to a none or low scented body lotion only… this should take you to the end of your healingprocess by about day 10 😉

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

From day one (or rather, day two) I (and most people I know, which is why I did it) used blue Helosan (green is antiseptic.. a big nono!) which you can find in Lyf og Heilsa. It’s just a great lubricant that keeps the skin moisturized. Had absolutely no problems with the healing and couldn’t even believe how well it healed (not had an excellent track reckord with wound healing in the past). Just apply a thin layer though.. it’s pretty concentrated and doesn’t need half a bottle each time.

bjornvil
    Participant
    @bjornvil

A friend who is working on a full sleeve recommended that to me and I actually started using Helosan two days ago, and it does wonders! It is healing really nicely, I´ll probably be scab free this weekend. It´s basically just the heaviest scab which is left now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.