CFCKW
    Participant
    @cfckw

Hi all, got a new tattoo yesterday on the inside of my forearm. Was very happy with it when done.

But now the colouring seems different. It is coloured blue but a part of the tattoo definately seems a lighter blue than another part when it isnt supposed to be. The linework and shading are perfect.

When I came home from getting it done I didnt do anything to it but put some Bepanthen on it before bed (I may have put on too much). Have washed it 3 times today with just plain lukewarm water and put bepanthen after each one.

Is it normal for the colouring to appear patchy in the healing process, or am I not caring for it right?

Any help greatly appreciated.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

When you got questions, it’s always cool to ask man, but your answer is chill out. Until the tattoo is done healing, it’s really hard to see what’s going on with the colors in it. My advice is to keep lotioning it, don’t scratch at it, and not worry about it for a while. If in two weeks from today (no less) if it still looks fucked up, go back to your artist and get him to fix it.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

CFCKW
    Participant
    @cfckw
    KnightHawk;38231 wrote:
    When you got questions, it’s always cool to ask man, but your answer is chill out. Until the tattoo is done healing, it’s really hard to see what’s going on with the colors in it. My advice is to keep lotioning it, don’t scratch at it, and not worry about it for a while. If in two weeks from today (no less) if it still looks fucked up, go back to your artist and get him to fix it.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Cheers mate. First tattoo and all that, just dont want to mess it up. Thanks alot for your help.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Yes KH is right the ink always looks slightly different during the healing process because your skin is healing at different rates.

It tales 2-3 weeks for the colour to really come through and don’t panic if you need a small touch up that is also quite common (especially on larger tattoos).

Looking forward to seeing your ink.

Take care
    Matthew

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.