Dan Maryland
    @

I got my first tattoo last saturday (4 days ago) of salvador dali’s skinny elephants on the back of my arm. I am a tad concerned with it, because I have only gone through healing of piercing, and am not used to this sort of healing process. I never had a sun burn before so I’m not sure how it’s supposed to flake. My girlfriend says my tat is okay and healing properly. However, it does not look like the same healing process at all. Mine is a dry when i first wake up, but when i put bacitracin on it, after about 15 minutes it is back to being sort of wet feeling. It is kind of cold so I’m not thinking it’s infected, but its just sort of unnerving. Does anyone know if it is normal for a tat to be kind of like a wet scab? It would be as if you had very thin scab that was very moist. I have no tank tops, and have been wearing loose fitting t shirts to help let it breathe, but I’m just nervous. If anyone has any answers I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks,

DanDan

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

Sounds ok to me, just make sure you only put a thin layer of cream on, just enough to make the skin shiny. Tattoos obviously dry out during the night.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

same advice from me as well…

you could post a picture up if your still worried 😉

misskandi
    Participant
    @misskandi

I agree with what’s already been said. Nothing about your healing tattoo sounds like sufficient cause for concern. Don’t stress!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.