Jrage
    Participant
    @jrage

hey guys, just had a quick tat care question. i got my tattoo 3 days ago, and my artist told me to keep washing it with liquid antibacterial soap, and using A&D ointment until it started scabbing (approx. 24-48 hours). once that started, she said not to apply ANYTHING, then to let it dry out and heal to save the color. but after doing some research, i read that i should keep the A&D on it to prevent the drying and scabbing. well, after 3 days it hasnt really scabbed yet, it just has a ripple-looking effect like its gonna start peeling soon, and i have no idea what to do or if i should keep the ointment on it. a little help? thanks in advance tat pros.

Chance666
    Participant
    @chance666

My artist says to apply A&D for the first 2 days and then FRAGRANCE FREE lotion, a few times a day for like 3-4 weeks. Wash everyday with mild soap!

I have had tattoos that don’t scab at all. In a few days they will start to itch, for me the lotion helps with the urge to scratch.

Jrage
    Participant
    @jrage

hey thanks, appreciate it. it kinda sucks getting your first tat and having zero knowledge on how to care for it aside from what the artist tells you. dont get me wrong, i completely trust my artist, but its nice having more feedback ya know?

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Depends how hard the artist went and your own health and age etc as to whether you will scab or not. Everybody heals differently so some scab some have a light peel of skin (like flaking).

Generally tattoo aftercare;

Keep a sterile cover for first 24 hrs (but try and wash with water and pat dry within 12 hrs and recover).

Then for first 2-3 days apply a light antiseptic cream of choice.

Then use a non-scented lotion to moisturise and keep it clean.

Take Care
    Matthew

travishalogod
    Participant
    @travishalogod

ive always been told to keep the original cover on from 1-4 hours then wash with antibacterial soap and pat dry then use a&d ointment. Try to prevent scabbing because if the scab comes off so will the color.. then use lubiderm or curel lotion, unscented of course.. or you can find something called tattoo goo.. that stuff works wonders

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

I think we need to have a tattoo care instructions thing,,,, and what to expect after your tattoo etc, sorry too early brain not working…you know like just an information sheet for people to look at, as we get billions of threads asking the same question

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hey Izarrasink

Nice of you to volunteer! 😉

Matthew

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.