tyrant1014
    Participant
    @tyrant1014

With my new tattoo I am worried.

It is right on my shoulder, and my shirt rubs on it all day, and it’s causing the scabs to come off quicker than they should.

I’m pissed because the artist did a really good job but the thing is already starting to take some of the color with it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to minimize rub from my shirts…

Relax, I keep it moisturized:D

Oh I should add that I’m in mechanic school and have to follow a strict dress code with uniforms. So wearing a different shirt or no shirt is out of the question 🙁

Calandryll
    Participant
    @calandryll

before you put your shirt on, put a breathable barrior on it…

people will say put clear plastic wrap on it, but that is only for the Mcgyvers who are cheap. Plastic wrap cant breathe, and thus is not good…. Use any form of breathable bandage… If it is really large and you have to use plastic wrap you can apply it after you moisturize, and then throught the day whenever you can you should take it off and let it breathe (like on lunch or whenever you can) and change the wrap…

I had same problem with one of mine…

Just remember it needs to breathe! So try not to wear a shirt that rubs it whenever you can (like wear a tank whenever possible).

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

yeah some sort of bandaging should do the job

putting a decent layer of gauze or similar overthe top and fixing that down and then putting your shirt overthe top should protect it well

Calandryll
    Participant
    @calandryll

dont use gauze though, as it is constructed of many small fiber threads, with will absorb the ink and then get stuck in the scab, making it very hard to take it off without some scab comming with it.

If the bandage does get stuck on it, DO NOT RIP IT OFF FAST! moisten it alot, get the bandage really wet, maybe even having to let it sit for a min once you got it wet, then slowly pry it from the edges inward…

If you rip, it will take scab, skin and ink with it.

skillzo1
    Participant
    @skillzo1

good posts

tyrant1014
    Participant
    @tyrant1014

So the good news is that I was looking at it. and those are some of the places that just didn’t start healing right away. Because some of the places that I thought the ink was healing out and fell out, I looked at it and the lines and color are all still there.

Calandryll
    Participant
    @calandryll

it likely still is, when the tattoo peals it will look like it will be messed up too, but hold judgement until it is all healed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.