diablo2k8
    @

Hi.

I just got my new tattoo today, around 13.45 (uk time) – After 6 hours, i have finally cleaned the tattoo but i still have a couple of question about some parts that im not sure about.

I was given a paper with all the after-care instructions and it basically says that i have to wash it gently with warm water and then i have ti re-apply a new bandage….i have read on different websites and they all say that i shouldnt add a new bandage… and it also says that i shouldnt add the ointment after 2 or 3 days…

im confused!

MU2D0K
    Participant
    @mu2d0k

yo dont put a new bandage on it and dont get it wet for the next 2 weeks. put oitment on it 2-3 times a day for the next 2 weeks or untill it stops peeling if u got any questions just message me goodluck

Calandryll
    Participant
    @calandryll

did you seriously just tell someone not to wash their new tattoo for 2 weeks?

wash the tattoo daily, dont let the water beat directly on it though. GENTLE WATER ONLY, dont let the shower beat down on it. WASH IT, as with any break in the skin, it is important to keep it clean to avoid any risk of infection.

Many people say use A&E ointment, and some people say that it tries to pull the ink out of the skin. I have used it and noticed no side affects.

You can also use UNSCENTED lotion. it must be UNSCENTED, if you use scented lotion, the chemicals in the purfume will cause a rash, which could def make your tattoo look like crap.

put sunscreen on it whenever it is in sun, and try to avoid puttin it in the sun even with sunscreen untill it is fully healed.

after you take off the first bandage, you need to leave it open to the air.

MOST IMPORTANTLY – DO NOT PICK AT IT – PERIOD

if you pick off the scabs, (even a little), you will get light patchy areas on the tat. the scabs will fall off when they are ready, LEAVE IT ALLONE!

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

+1 to Calandryll

But do not use lotions until you’ve used ointment for a full week.

My ointment was A+D First Aid Ointment. This is high in vitamins A and D which protects and soothes minor cuts and burns. Helps relieve chapped, cracked skin, and helps heal dry skin. To apply use a q-tip and make it a light coat.

Your skin still needs to breathe. If you are wearing clothes over your tattoo, make sure it’s light and not constricting.

Calandryll
    Participant
    @calandryll

I use this ointment I get in NYC, it is a “natural, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antiicrobial and anti-itch”

aloe vera, alvacado oil, beeswax, lavender oil, hempseed oil, a few other things mostly natural forms of vit a, d, and e…

It works really well, and is designed for tattoos…

I get it at this place on Saint Marks Place, Whatever Tattoo

Made my tattoos heal in about a week, perfectly… and has no chemicals in it that can harm your ink

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.