Byobortolazzo
    Participant
    @byobortolazzo

Ok so all of the horrendous scabs on my tattoo have come off. I’ve had this tattoo for around 2 1/2 weeks. Now it always looks faded (because of the white dead skin all above the tattoo.

What should I use to speed up the process of the flaking so that I can actually see what this sucker will look like and get it touched up?

someone mention aloe vera to me but I’m not sure. so I ask!

Calandryll
    Participant
    @calandryll

do nothing… keep it moist, and keep it clean and out of the sun. Let your body do it naturally, or else you severly risk making the tattoo look like crap. The scabs fall off when the layer of skin beneath them pushes them off, and the same with the flakes… I know it sucks, but you just have to be patient… you will have all the years until you die to enjoy it, you can wait a few days…

if you scratch or use exfoiliators then you again risk your tattoo.

remember that the ink under the skin is wet, just like in a pen, so if you try to speed up healing, you may in fact let some ink out, or into surrounding tissue, causing the blown out faded look..

katnip
    Participant
    @katnip

My tattoo is still flaking and I’ve had it around 3 weeks, just keep it moist, lubriderm or tat wax

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.