Noahsmama07
    @

i got a flower tattoo a couple weeks ago on my inner right ankle and about a week ago my little baby accidently scratched it, and now i noticed that the area he scratched it’s a little dry and scabby, the rest of my tat is healing just fine, but i can’t get this area to heal! what can i do to help it heal properly? i wash it gently w/antibacterial soap and i apply lubriderm to it throughout the day..should i be doing something different?

lindsay_jo_294
    Participant
    @lindsay_jo_294

Continue to do what your doing. You may want to take a damp paper towel and blot the spot every so often to soften the scab so that it will fall off on it’s own. It may take longer for that spot to heal but what you’re doing is fine.

Kimberly P
    @

I had a similar situation when I got my tattoo in December. Stop using lotion on it. The lotion will not do anything. Use Neosporin on it and wear loose fitting clothung until it heals. Let the area breathe (no socks that touch it, no tall boots, etc.)

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

Stop playing with it, just leave it alone, as above says don’t irritate it. I’d even stop putting any kinda ointment on it at all now, just wash it when you wash the rest of your body as normal. It should be well recovered by now and keeping the area moist will not help prevent any infection at this stage, probs the opposite. Just treat it like any other graze you might get andf forget about it for a while.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.