max
    Participant
    @max

Ive heard putting too much on and too often pulls ink out of the tattoo. Should I rub the ointment all the way in so its not visible, or should I leave a visible layer?

Victoria Rose
    @

don’t put a huge glob, only put enough to moisturize, you want it to glisten a bit (don’t rub it ALL THE WAY in)
    don’t put more ointment if the tattoo is still moist, just don’t let it dry out. good luck! and congrats on the new tat.

robert m
    Participant
    @robert-m

use good anti-biotic ointment, the tattoo artist should already provide you with some, if not go to the store and buy some “Fougera” dont use anything scented or with any weird stuff in it thats not just the basics.
    Apply small amounts 2-3 times a day whenever it feels dry or itchy. You dont want to put so much on that you can see it shine on your skin, just so that you can BARELY see it, if you put too much on the skin will get too moist and mushy and create a scab.
    If you have too much just dap it off with a towel. use the ointment for a good 3 days and then switch to a good hand lotion. I bought some Curel for mine. Remember to buy the original version. But i also heard lubriderm is just as good. Use the lotion 2-3 times a day for 2-3 weeks, or however long your healing process is

leah?
    @

rub it in, but dab the excess off. a tattoo should never look greasy. just rub some in, and dab it but don’t wipe it, with a clean paper towel. always make sure you’re washing your hands before touching it, and wash it daily.

binkd
    Participant
    @binkd

Ive just started using tattoo goo, its a mix of natural oils and lavender and is amazing. thin layer, not to much rubbing and keep it from cracking 😀

jon_hoog
    Participant
    @jon_hoog

about 6 Kg a day or so

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.