mz. babyblazer
    @

well i have had my foot tattoo for about a week and it is scabbing but im owrried. how long will the scab take to come off becuase there are parts where it came off and it looks clear but the scabby parts look dark or somewat dirty. should i worry? and how do u know if it is infected?

heatherann
    @

I got a tattoo on the top of my foot about a year ago. It stayed scabby for a good 3 or 4 weeks. Just make sure to keep it clean and apply plenty of ointment. Do Not peal the scab off, or you will actually peal the unhealed new tattoo off.

GothicMoonlight
    Participant
    @gothicmoonlight

you should wash your tattoo 2 to 3 times a day with a none harsh soap such as dove and apply whatever moisturiser/ointment your tattooist told you to, you have done the right thing by not picking at it, you will be able to tell if its infected as infected tattoos are quite obvious they will get yellow puss pockets or a general off colour ouzing they may also be very red and very swollen, not the normal kind of swelling you get with a tattoo. you just have to let it heal in its own time everyone is differant 🙂

nessie
    Participant
    @nessie

yeh ive had my tattoo like 3 weeks now and the scabbing has just started to peel off bit by bit basically. I was wandering if anyone could helpp me as well in advising me on how much longer it will take for the scab to come off.

Bdubbs
    Participant
    @bdubbs

everyone heals different, certain parts takes up to 4 weeks for me. Some less and some more. Just be patient.

As I get to the 2 weeks, I only wash it about once a day, I personally believe at that stage theres less chance of an infection as its mostly peeling. And I try to be very careful and not taking any skin off by accident. I apply lotion a couple times a day, when I peel it looks like a big mess so those areas I have to dab it on, instead of working it in. GL.

Some may diff in opinions, I do what seems to work for me!

vizzielover
    Participant
    @vizzielover

I had some ink done a week ago today andit is now at the ‘I could itch it to death’ stage…………..everyone heals differently but I’ve found, on my skin, that black and grey seemed to heal with less scabbing and itching, or could it just be that I’ve forgotten how it was then, I mean, it was all of 18 months since I got my first bit of ink!

I’m looking forward to losing the scabby bits so that I can get a photo put up and show it off, I had my dragon added to and coloured and I’m really pleased with the results.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

just kee up the aftercare as advised by your artist, if your worried then post an image up for us to see, please ensure its a good quality close up image and not one from a camera phone…..

and as for how long will it take to heal, the only answer to that is, everyones skin heals in different ways and it also depends on what size design it is as well

nessie
    Participant
    @nessie

ok thanks guys really helpful, its just ive never had a foot tattoo before obviously so was just wandering how it all works… I wash it once or twice a day and put savlon on it which was advised by my tattooist.

My brothers use vaseline so their tattoos dont scab and was wandering should I do that to soften the scab. But i have read it does a lot of damage even tho their tattoos are amazing.

Was wandering how can i in a way get the scab to go quicker but not let the colour faed to much cos its just annoying me atm having it patchy

xnessiex

anjayenunciates
    Participant
    @anjayenunciates
    nessie;62074 wrote:
    ok thanks guys really helpful, its just ive never had a foot tattoo before obviously so was just wandering how it all works… I wash it once or twice a day and put savlon on it which was advised by my tattooist.

My brothers use vaseline so their tattoos dont scab and was wandering should I do that to soften the scab. But i have read it does a lot of damage even tho their tattoos are amazing.

Was wandering how can i in a way get the scab to go quicker but not let the colour faed to much cos its just annoying me atm having it patchy

xnessiex

I have three tattoos on my feet, and each one, on average, took about two months to completely heal.

My most recent one was taking longer than expected, and after a month and a half, I went to a very reputable shop and asked their opinion on how to quicken the healing. One of the artist told me to put vitamin e ointment directly on the tattoo, or even neosporin and a band aid (this is only okay after a month and a half of healing though, any earlier and you might lose ink).

Your feet are the parts of your body that get the least blood flow. This is why feet take so long to heal.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.