Dellefuss
    @

I thought u were supposed to let them scab? Thats what i was told. (And obviously not to pick them)
    But people on here keep saying to NOT let it scab (even using blocks to emphasize the point)

So should you, or shouldn’t you, let your tattoo scab?

ginger4cmb
    @

do not let them scab! they will peel, that is totally ok, its supposed to do that. scabbing will cause a scar, leading to discolored ink, and possibly take the color completely out

DANTAT2D
    Participant
    @dantat2d

I agree not let it dry out If you can help it,Obviously there will always be some amount of scabbing as its part of the healing process, A hot bath or shower a couple of times a day will work wonders.

GothicMoonlight
    Participant
    @gothicmoonlight

the way i have been told it is best to look after a tattoo is this

wash it 3 times a day in a mild soap such as dove from the day you get it done

after a few days usually or maybe even one it will start feeling tight so after you wash it also moisturise it with a good non greesy moisturiser such as vasaline intensive care moisturiser

do this until the tattoo is healed about 3/4 weeks but continue to moisturise daily to keep your tat in the best condition

it wont scab it will peel alot all of a sudden but obviously dont pick it off or itch it

Samantha_ann19
    Participant
    @samantha_ann19

[QUOTE=after a few days usually or maybe even one it will start feeling tight so after you wash it also moisturise it with a good non greesy moisturiser such as vasaline intensive care moisturiser

I dont know WHERE this person got their info, but DO NOT use vasaline! DO NOT its terrible and could lessen your tattoo. It is okay to scab just do not pick them keep your tattoo from getting dry. Wash and keep the tattoo clean and use savlon I use the spray but personally the cream is fine aswell.

binkd
    Participant
    @binkd

I would try not to let it scab. Its likely to happen though as its the skins natural defence to an ‘open wound’, cut or scratch. Keep it clean and let it do its thing. 🙂

crazy4ink
    Participant
    @crazy4ink

I think she said “Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion” not Vaseline salve. It sounds like there are several choices for the lotion after the A&D…I use Lubriderm but I’m sure Curel or any other unscented lotion should work. Again, though, ask your particular artist.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.