punkyglitterglitter
    @

I have many tattoos and I’ve always used A&D ointment for the first few days and then switched to a non-scented lotion for a good two weeks. I was just wondering if anyone really uses the ointment at first or just goes right to lotion. I hate using the A&D because it gets all over everything and really just wipes off easily. When I switch to the lotion after a few days my tattoo always feels moist, unlike while using the A&D. What does everybody do?

2cold scorpio
    @

I use a and d but I make sure its rubbed in good and not to much. so do basically as you do.

jesterizme
    @

A&D 100 Percent…. I recommend that to all my Walking Designs…. Has never let me or them down and it doesn’t dry out your skin when you stop using it unlike Lotion…

tatt_bratt
    Participant
    @tatt_bratt

Many artists prefer that their clients use only the lotion. Often the ointment is applied too heavily – which is why it gets on your clothes. With a heavy application, dirt and bacteria can stick to the tattoo. With far too much of a petroleum based product like A & D, it can prevent the proper sealing in of the ink so artists worry about losing ink, too.

I personally prefer ointment as a THIN veil the first few days.

tatt_bratt
    Participant
    @tatt_bratt

Many artists prefer that their clients use only the lotion. Often the ointment is applied too heavily – which is why it gets on your clothes. With a heavy application, dirt and bacteria can stick to the tattoo. With far too much of a petroleum based product like A & D, it can prevent the proper sealing in of the ink so artists worry about losing ink, too.

I personally prefer ointment as a THIN veil the first few days.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.