Ste444
    @

I had a tattoo a year ago straight after I used savlon for the healing process. Is there anything I should be doing now a year on to maintain its appearance?

skullian
    Participant
    @skullian

Avoid getting too much Sun on it! as the UV rays will fade it, if you can’t avoid the sun use a high factor sunblock.

after about 10 years you might want to consider a touch up.

Cassie T
    Participant
    @cassie-t

Other than making sure you use sunscreen on it when you’re in the sun, no.

Jo C
    Participant
    @jo-c

I think just making sure yur skin is well mositurised, and thats about all.

strigoi12003
    @

i was told not to use savlon on my tattoos but i did. i’ve had mine for a while. when i go out in the sun i plaster my tattoos in sun cream to slow down fading (cos lets face it-blue faded ones look horrible). yeh so try that maybe or keep ’em covered a lot of the time and get ’em out now and again (like i do with the one on my back)

Alunia
    @

My tattoo artist recommended that you moisturize regularly. It helps keep the vibrance of the color, and will prevent fading. Really, there’s not too much up keep.
    The biggest thing to pay attention too is sunscreen. Put sunscreen on your tattoo if you know you’re going to be in the sun for prolonged amounts of time, because sun can cause significant fading.
    If you do notice that a few years down the road you tattoo has lost it’s vibrancy, and the colors just aren’t perfect anymore, go to your tattoo guy, and have him touch it up. They can go over it with the same colors, and give it that boost it needs to look perfect.

T-Bird
    @

You should ALWAYS use sunscreen on all of your body parts that are exposed to the sun. Even on a tatoo to help keep the color from fading.

MAD MEL
    @

No, by now it is what it is.

Nikki
    Participant
    @nikki

put lotion on it every couple of days

spot
    Participant
    @spot

the best way to maintain the appearance of the tattoo is to get it touched up

Phishr
    @

Use moisturizer and sunscreen if you are going outside for long periods of time.

gemma r
    @

Make sure you out a high factor sunscreen on it when you go out in the sun. This is what I always do as someone told me the skin becomes more sensitive because it is basically a big scar. Don’t know how true this is but it can’t hurt can it!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.