tattoo-center
    Participant
    @tattoo-center
    rocksteady;49273 wrote:
    What about using A&D Ointment?

You’ll also want to visit your local drugstore and purchase a tube of A&D ointment. A&D ointment is the best to use. A&D will keep your tattoo clean and shiny and should be used for the first few days. Once the ointment starts to dry on the tattoo, you should wipe the old application off and apply some more. Don’t rub it too hard, or you could damage the healing process. For the first few days, you should avoid using soap as well.

TattooSeal
    Participant
    @tattooseal

I’ll also respectfully disagree with a triple anti-biotic ointment. I make a product that’s 100% organic and petroleum-free and naturally antineuralgic, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antibiotic. The miracle ingredient is Tamanu oil.

I think if you are looking for something, buy a locally made product with simple, natural, organic ingredients. If there isn’t any in your area check the net.

If you want to check out mine go to lamarsoap.com

jaibraylon
    Participant
    @jaibraylon

First tattoo is always very crucial for a person it needs certain kinds of steps to take care of it, in case of a new tattoo its better to keep a bandage at least for 2 hours and put some mild antibiotic soap to wash the tattoo very carefully.

hutongsa
    Participant
    @hutongsa

hi, my artist tell me : it is also normal conditions if tattoos fade,because it is skin’s metabolism,so don’t too worry about the fading!
    But avoid exposing it to direct sunlight is very important, so avoide fading!

daveyballs
    @

I have found a way that works great for me to care for a new tattoo, after you remove your bandage, use dial “Gold” anitbacteral soap after washing off soap pat dry the area with paper towels, then allow the tattoo to air dry for 15-20 mins, now use the folloiwng products in this order, get EUCRIN “dry skin repair” lotion and put it on the dried tattoo wait for the lotion to completly absorb into skin your tattoo should still look “wet” after it has gone all in, then apply a very very thin layer of AQUAPHOR healing oitment, then leave it alone until it feels dried out if you are able to rewash the tattoo every few hours and repeat these steps, until after day 5 after day five keep washing but omit the AQUAPHOR part of the process, but lotion up frequently, keep a small bottle of lotion on you at all times and jsut apply frequently, the trick is for the tattoo to not scab up i have done this method now 2 times and it works very well i begin to flake(that is normal) after 2.5 days never scab up either. This may not work for all of you however it will work for some.

PaulRead
    Participant
    @paulread

there are many aftercare tips. Ointment are the best for tattoo healing process. first you need to air dry your tattoo(not by dryer). let your tattoo breathe. then apply a very thin layer of ointment.

JDandCoke88
    Participant
    @jdandcoke88

Hi guys, does anyone have any advice please. Have just had a large piece on the side of my back and was hoping for tips on aftercare-sleeping, applying creams to awkward areas etc. Also if any women, tips on how to go without a bra whilst it heals :/ thanks very much 🙂 x

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@JDandCoke88 144648 wrote:

Hi guys, does anyone have any advice please. Have just had a large piece on the side of my back and was hoping for tips on aftercare-sleeping, applying creams to awkward areas etc. Also if any women, tips on how to go without a bra whilst it heals :/ thanks very much 🙂 x

I talked to my dermatologist and he recommended a spatula to apply creams and ointments. I found this bugger at a local hardware store for $2.98! It works great, and now this is what the dermatologist recommends. It’s a paint roller.

With a 10″ handle I can reach my whole back.

kittykat200
    Participant
    @kittykat200

with regards to the bra, i rarely wear them anyway, i dont see the point unless your shirt is see through, they’re just uncomfortable, so basically, just make sure your shirt isnt see through. Unless that’s what you’re into!

JDandCoke88
    Participant
    @jdandcoke88

Thanks for the advice guys 🙂 2 weeks healing and looking good

kennymclean
    Participant
    @kennymclean

Have to disagree with the bandage/ wrapping. My artist just puts a special cream on and I’m goo to go. No bleeding or nothing. You want it to breathe

savannah
    Participant
    @savannah

I got a tattoo 10 days ago on my ankle and it still hasn’t peeled, all my other tattoos have peeled 3 -4 days later, should I be worried ?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.