Tyde
    Participant
    @tyde

Recently got a tattoo (4 days ago) noticed something wasn’t right the day after so i went to the hospital that evening and sure enough it’s infected. I’m now on antibiotics and the blister next to the tattoo is gone, the swelling is totally gone and the redness surrounding is about half of what it was so it seems to be healing up decently.

The tattoo though is just starting to scab, so i’m wonder when is it safe to start putting lotion on, or when will I know when the infection has been cleared up? I know its only been a few days so i’m not expecting anytime soon, but I have read to keep an infected tattoo as dry as possible. I put a light layer of Neosporin on 2 nights out of 4 but thats it. Should i be putting any of my Lubriderm on it while its scabbing or wait until the infection has subsided completely (& when will i know that the infection has cleared?)

Thanks in advance!

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

need picture

Tyde
    Participant
    @tyde

The dark red blotch looking part near the bottom of the cross is where the blisters appeared, no more fluid in them just flat.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Was this done at a shop??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.