iPwnF00lz
Participant
@ipwnf00lz

I’m wanting to get one but don’t want it to heal horribly.

Any experiences?

Izarrasink
Participant
@izarrasink

they can have a tendancy to migrate out

iPwnF00lz
Participant
@ipwnf00lz

Yeah thats what I’ve heard. I hope that they sometimes heal well.

PsychoticInk
Participant
@psychoticink

There are a few techniques that can be used for the nape. The most common is the use of an Insizentional piercing, This is when a piece of jewelry is used that has the shape of a staple with beads that lock on the same as any type of barbell. And the second is a bit more advanced in which dermal anchors are used. The nape is prone to migration like it has been stated above. Also when you consider the actual depth and length of the piercings there is alot more tissue that needs to heal up. I have had some better luck with these when I have used dermal string in place if the initial jewelry. Dermal string is fed through the piercing and notted on both ends. It is very flexable and easier to clean out the insition. Thus speeding the healing time to around 6-8 weeks. Now of coarse it does not look as good and much as fancy jewelry but it does get the job done. After the piercings are healed there is still the risk of Keyloids developing in the center of the piercing. Usually this is caused by bacteria developing within the piercing that can not escape. This is just some extra food for thought. Also make sure that your piecer has experiance with these types of piercings. These have more risks than say a naval would. I always tend to think that with advanced peircings you really do not want to be some ones Guinee Pig.

iPwnF00lz
Participant
@ipwnf00lz

Well I got it the other night.

nape.jpg
1”

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

is it a bar or micro dermal ??

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228
Butterfly_Kisses;52159 wrote:
is it a bar or micro dermal ??

that looks like a dermal to me

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

thats what i was thinking

PsychoticInk
Participant
@psychoticink

Down side to either form is infections/irratations caused by hair care products. Our hair seems to be a catch all for everything that is in the air as well as what we put in it to make it look better.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Wow its looks nice hun, hope it heals well for you x

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Sends shivers down my spine seeing that 😮

xuhohitssarx
Participant
@xuhohitssarx

Be REALLY careful with the nape. I had mine done and there were plenty of times it got caught on something, even someones arm around me, and ending up tearing my skin a little.

There are also a ton of health risks. I went to someone who I believed was an experienced piercer, he had done many surface piercings before. However, he had done both mine and my friends napes the same day, hers ended up crooked and mine was too deep and if hit the wrong way I could have been paralyzed from the neck down.

Take good care of it, but it is definitely a sweet piercing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.