Xavialune
    Participant
    @xavialune

I got my bridge pierced again 4 days ago..so wednesday, the 8th. I have never had a piercing done through scar tissue or anything, and its beena couple years since Ive had it in, but I do remember that it wasn’t like this the first time. It is 4 days in now and it is still bleeding. I wake up and theres blood just all on it. I’m fairly certain I am not sleeping on it or anything, but it just doesnt seem to be getting better. I dont kniow if scar tissue bleeds more or whatever, but I really need some advice. Ive never had this happen to me and Ive had more than 10 piercings. Thanks in advance.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

just bath it often to clean it up using warm salty water, this will dry it out and cause it to stop weeping..
    thats the problem with scar tissue, its unpredictable.. watch out for a keloid lump appearing as well. 😉

Xavialune
    Participant
    @xavialune

I would like to know if there is a way to make it stop bleeding..like coagulate or something. But all I am getting is just big crusty blood scabs all around the barbell. My piercer actually told me not to use sea salt. Maybe I will call him.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

My advice is you ahve to up your iron intake for a few days. The problem you have is that is scar tissue forms a band aid over previously ruptured blood vessels (because you have torn the cartlege with a previous piercing).

Piercing back through scar tissue can mean it takes longer for the wound to heal and because you have a foreign body in it (the bar bell) your body is trying to flush it out and any infection along with it.

My advice is bathe the area 2-3 times a day – do not pick at any scabs or crusts of blood just gently dab at them with a sterile cloth or sponge.

A mild salt solution will keep it clean.

Also apply a bag of ice to the area for 20-30 mins or as long as you can stand once before you get up and once before you goto bed.

This will cause the blood vessels to contract and lessen the bleeding.

From what I can gather bleeding like that can last 3-4 days as it is a major piercing and depends on your health – if you are anaemic you may bleed more.

If it doesnt stop soon get your arse to a Dr and maybe even consider taking it out.

Take care
    Matthew

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

why you had to have it done again, did you have any trouble last time you had it done ?
    salt water really should not do any harm to it, thats what i would use

Xavialune
    Participant
    @xavialune

2 years ago I lost the piercing because it became inflamed, a large bump on both sides. I was told by my piercer that it was probably due to my change in diet (I became vegan) and something about the Ph in my body changed. It was going to reject anyway, so I took it out. I am under the impression they are technically surface piercings anyway and dont last forever, and sometimes never heal properly. I missed it though, so I had it redone. I had the original piercing for just about a year.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

ok, my hubby is a piercer, he’s not here right now, but he recommends saline (salt water) available from your pharmacy to clean piercings, i’ll get him to check out this thread and answer any questions you have, he has his bridge done.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

Hi Tony here. I have an Earl (aka bridge). What the diameter of the barbell please? Generally if its bleeding it may be because the bar diameter is to small, thus creating a build up of blood. You can change it, do it quickly tho to a longer bar until it heals. Saline solution is fine to use, it stimulates oxygen and blood circulation which facilitates healing, whoever tells you different is wrong. You can PM Izarrasink if you want more info 😉

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Actually I am concerned that the piercer did not use a bigger bar in the first place??
    Also that they did not suggest a saline solution.

I am no piercing expert (or enthusiast for that matter) but hell even i know those 2 basic things bigger bar to a smaller one and keep it clean with saline, – I was thinking it must be a serious rejection if they are bleeding so bad on the first bar – now I know why.

My advice is find a better piercer – sure anybody can stick needles in a person but takes a pro to do the thing right.

I hope it works out for you and clears up asap.

Take Care
    Matthew

Xavialune
    Participant
    @xavialune

First, its not bleeding anymore. It is fine in that respect. But I am finding that one side of the piercing now has a large bump on it. I have not had much experience with ‘the bump’ before. I have heard about using everything from plain sea salt soaks (with this piercing, what, a cotton ball right?), to using chamomile tea bags and tea tree oil. But I really am in the dark here.

As for the piercer, he knows what he is doing. He pierced it very straight and DID use a large bar but its not just large..its HUGE. Thats why he was concerned. Not in diameter, but length. He just thought it would look weird on me. But I like it. As for the diameter of the bar I have no clue. It looks the same size as my original one, which wasnt big but wasnt ‘too small’.

And the saline..I was initially worried about getting it as all I have seen in the stores is solution for contacts..is that the same thing?

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

you can just mix up your own salt and water solution, (saline) tony my husband who answered your question before, still has a bump on one side, and his was done about a month ago, i wouldnt be worrying too much, go back to your piercer if you’re still concerned.

Xavialune
    Participant
    @xavialune

Yeah. Im not sure how much salt per dixie cup though lol…I usually just put a couple pinches or so..maybe I am putting too much/too little salt? I might try just leaving it alone for a couple days. It looks like a gross zit, thats the only issue I have of it. It doesnt hurt or anything, unless its somehow poked. The other side is a bit inflamed as well but not a ‘bump’ really. I might try chamomile if leaving it alone doesnt help any.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Saline is usually based on 1 part salt to 3 parts water so a teaspoon or 2 of salt should work.

I have had my nose broken on several occasions and the bump you have I am pleased to say does not sound like displaced cartlege – which if it was would involve a very painful rebreaking of the nose.

The pimple/bump you have sounds like you have a slight infection where the needle has gone through the tissue. Saltwater and/or teatree oil should clear it up or a round of antibiotics as a last resort.

That said if it is a hard lump with no real pain or if you have a previous piercing there it could be keloid scarring.

This is scar tissue that can become inflamed and swell up. Can take a while to go down my advice is take some ice and apply to the area daily should help reduce the bump.

Take care
    Matthew

Xavialune
    Participant
    @xavialune

Yeah its definitely not completely hard or anything. I have to fight the urge to pop it since it looks so much like a nasty zit lol…I didnt know you were supposed to put that much salt in there. I am using a dixie cup and 1/3 of that dixie cup of salt seems like a bit much.

master
    @

you can buy high quality tattoo flash here:

>>>>>>>GO TO WEBSITE<<<<<<<

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.