Boulger
    Participant
    @boulger

Hey hows it going, new here
    Mad into tattoos and art, been drawing all my life and got myself a job tattooing and learning in a studio 3 months ago
    And its going great
    I’ll get pictures up when I get some time, (still working nights along with working days in the studio)

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Welcome to the forum, Boulger. Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Asrais
    Participant
    @asrais

Hi Boulger, welcome to the forum. I am from Dublin (Tallaght) too – though I moved to Australia 4 years ago. Best move I ever made! What tattoo studio are you training in?

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Welcome mate, looking forward to the pics ๐Ÿ™‚

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Welcome
    I like pie!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

Nice to hear things are going well. Post some pictures when you can.

Boulger
    Participant
    @boulger

Thanks for the welcome guys!

@Asrais 138424 wrote:

Hi Boulger, welcome to the forum. I am from Dublin (Tallaght) too – though I moved to Australia 4 years ago. Best move I ever made! What tattoo studio are you training in?

Hey man I’m training in a small studio in ashbourne, its called Inkredible Inks, I’m there just 3 months now
    I’ve been doing mainly script tattoos and small tattoos, just trying to better myself ๐Ÿ™‚
    When I have time at home I try draw big pieces and ideas and when I’m in the studio not tattooing or cleaning I draw flash Ideas
    What are the laws like in Australia with tattooing? have you been in the same studio since you got there or did you have to move every six months to get the visa?
    I’d like to do that some day when I’ve a few years studio experience behind me and a better portfolio

Anyway here are some pics, I’ll post more as the customers come in ๐Ÿ™‚

IMG_20140113_131948_zpscas5axb6.jpg

IMAG0369_zpszh4ffbby.jpg

IMG_20140125_193821_zpsppoqwx1g.jpg

PhotoGrid_1392974116540_zps8gnwqrja.jpg

PhotoGrid_1393080361770_zpswpcwvixr.jpg

IMAG0285_1_zpst5xemr6e.jpg

FB_IMG_13835782936678603_zpsheagkhwf.jpg

IMAG0250_1_zpsjmji4pq5.jpg

These are my machines, I have the use of 9 others belonging to my boss if I want, but I prefer to stick to my own machinery for now

Kylin handmade brass liner and shader, liner is good for 5 liners and the shader is good for black and grey, both machines are very fast and never stop!

Inside the binding post of the shader was a little bead of plastic, it was there to stop the threads of the contact screw getting chewed up, It fell out when I first opened up my machines so that why theres a plastic binding screw in there now
    And the liner, I changed the standard armature bar for a chunky eikon one, feels better now

IMAG0445_zpsg3jjg6es.jpg
    IMAG0446_zpsqvz5d3xi.jpg

And this is my favorite, Its a custom made traditional liner made by Emerald Irons, for a long time I was using it as just a packer because I couldnt get to grips with it as a liner, but ‘Ive started using it for 9 liners and it feels like its making my job easy, I love it

IMAG0447_zpsbh0cayav.jpg
    IMAG0448_zps0z7hxkb0.jpg

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Keep plugging man.

Practice, practice, practice.

Boulger
    Participant
    @boulger

@Sam-I-Am 138445 wrote:

Keep plugging man.

Practice, practice, practice.

Thats my only plan!

Asrais
    Participant
    @asrais

@Boulger 138438 wrote:

Hey man I’m training in a small studio in ashbourne, its called Inkredible Inks, I’m there just 3 months now
    I’ve been doing mainly script tattoos and small tattoos, just trying to better myself ๐Ÿ™‚
    When I have time at home I try draw big pieces and ideas and when I’m in the studio not tattooing or cleaning I draw flash Ideas
    What are the laws like in Australia with tattooing? have you been in the same studio since you got there or did you have to move every six months to get the visa?
    I’d like to do that some day when I’ve a few years studio experience behind me and a better portfolio

Lol, I’m no artist – just a collector, so far of pretty crappy tattoos – let’s just say I got my first tattoo at The Mint in Dublin! I joined here to learn how to tell the good from the bad.

I don’t know much about the laws for tattooing, but I can fill you in a bit about the visa system ๐Ÿ™‚ If you wanna come out here permanently, you won’t get a visa as a tattoo artist – but, if you have another trade to get your visa you don’t need to work in that trade – I used my qualification as a baker but I don’t work as one. Other than that – when you have a few years experience, come out on a working holiday visa find a tattoo shop, impress them and they might sponsor you for a permanent visa.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Asrais 138491 wrote:

I used my qualification as a baker but I don’t work as one.

I bake as a hobby. Specialty is pizza, calzone, bread, and I’m working on pretzels. As far as tattoos go, I’m only qualified to get them.

Asrais
    Participant
    @asrais

@Sam-I-Am 138492 wrote:

I bake as a hobby. Specialty is pizza, calzone, bread, and I’m working on pretzels. As far as tattoos go, I’m only qualified to get them.

I loved being a baker – but I’m not such a fan of the hours. I still do confectionery, fancy cakes and that, but mostly just for friends. No one wants to pay for the hours you need to put in for those things ๐Ÿ™‚

I still make a mean calzone!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Asrais 138493 wrote:

I loved being a baker – but I’m not such a fan of the hours. I still do confectionery, fancy cakes and that, but mostly just for friends. No one wants to pay for the hours you need to put in for those things ๐Ÿ™‚

I still make a mean calzone!

Baker’s hours suck! I work 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM as a train dispatcher. I do have a restored Bakers Pride pizza oven in my basement. It gets up to 675 degrees.

I made a desert pizza with cherry jam “sauce” white chocolate morsels for “cheese” and fruit leather cut outs for “pepperoni”. The women loved it!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.