Titan-ium
    Participant
    @titan-ium

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the forum and also fairly new to tattoos as well. I got my first tattoo while at the Las Vegas SEMA show this past November from tattoo artist Ben Corn. I followed-up that tattoo with my second tattoo from a shop called “Counter Culture Ink and Collectives” located in Scottsdale, Arizona. Unfortunatley I’m not terribly satisfied with my 2nd tattoo, therefore I’m looking for a shop here in the Phoenix area who is well known for doing some seriously kick ass work. Money to me isn’t an object, I paid almost 6 hundred bucks for the shitty two tattoos I’ve gotten already and I’ve seen others that are much much better than mine and they’ve paid half what I have.

I’m looking forward to chatting with like-minded people such as me, hopefully to get some great ideas for future tattoos by people who won’t do crappy work for a high premium price…

Chereo!!!

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Welcome to the forum. It takes time to learn how to tell if an artist’s portfolio is any good. I have learned a ton here on the forum and still have a lot more to learn. But I have learned here how to appreciate work from an excellent artist whether I like the style (or subject matter) or not.

If you click on the link in peterpoose’s signature it will take you to a map of amazing artsts. You cannot go wrong with any name on that list.

Titan-ium
    Participant
    @titan-ium

Thanks, I will definately be checking out that list. I’d love to get another tattoo soon and see if I can find someone who is talented enough to figure out a way to touch-up or fix what I’ve already got. I also love that quote by buttwheat, it says it all =)

Titan-ium
    Participant
    @titan-ium

Here are photos of the tattoos I got recently, paid 550 bucks for this. Look at how crappy the stars are, they’re uneven and the shading ins’t very good. I don’t know, maybe I got what it’s worth and I’m just super picky… perhaps you experienced people can let me know if this looks good and was worth what I spend? I’m not happy with it, I just expect to get something a little better than this from someone who’s suppose to be a good tattoo artist. I feel I got a mediocre tattoo at a premium price.

1606946_10203154501810183_1354616248_n.jpg1558583_10203154502330196_1434735493_n.jpg1743614_10203154502490200_1513979959_n.jpg1622618_10203154502650204_836283791_n.jpg1656365_10203154507730331_1451960895_n.jpg1606946_10203154501810183_1354616248_n.jpg

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Welcome to the forum mate 🙂

Its a shit job to put it bluntly!

there is so much more amazing artwork that can be done with a tattoo gun nowdays but people are not educated enough and go ahead and get shit work and shit ideas!

Check out my link below mate and see what proper artists are doing 🙂

Titan-ium
    Participant
    @titan-ium

I agree completely… When I go get a tattoo, I expect the tattoo artist to listen to what I want and then for them to turn it into a work of art. I’m not an artist, I leave that up to the tattooist to figure out how to make what I want into something that is worthy of a great tattoo. If the tatto artist can’t figure out how to tattoo something good, they should get the hell out of the business. If you can’t tattoo a simple fucking star and shade it accordingly, you shouldn’t be tattooing inthe first place. I’m not a drawing board, I don’t need tattooist to practice on me, that’s not what I pay for.

What I would like to do is find a decent damn tattooist who can turn what I’ve got into something worthy of sharing to the world, right now I’ve almost lost all faith in the artist in the Phoenix, Arizona area. Who the hell do I go to that’s any good, I can’t seem to figure that out for the life of me. Everywhere I check, all I see is shit work like the shit work I got done on my arm… it’s a shame to be honest, I want my fucking money back!!!

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

That is… awful. The design, how it’s made, placement… I’m sorry but that is horrible.
    Absolutely check out Peters link, you can get such amazing work these days there is no reason to get horrible tattoos 😛

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Welcome. sorry you got to learn about quality tattoos the hard way.
    I would go kick the fucker in the nuts that put that on you.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

Yep, that is one sorry ass tattoo!

Keep us posted.

Titan-ium
    Participant
    @titan-ium

I just messaged the owner of the tattoo shop where I got this done, apparently the douche who did this to me isn’t there anymore. The owner said he’d fix it himself for free this week, I’ll let you all know how it goes and post up some photos.

After looking through the guys portfolio, he seems to be pretty damn good. The question is… why couldn’t I have gotten it done in the first place by this guy or someone who “wasn’t new”?

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

@Titan-ium 137784 wrote:

I just messaged the owner of the tattoo shop where I got this done, apparently the douche who did this to me isn’t there anymore. The owner said he’d fix it himself for free this week, I’ll let you all know how it goes and post up some photos.

After looking through the guys portfolio, he seems to be pretty damn good. The question is… why couldn’t I have gotten it done in the first place by this guy or someone who “wasn’t new”?

Welcome to the forum.
    Post up a link to the guys work who you’re thinking about letting fix it.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Titan-ium 137784 wrote:

There’s no reason you couldn’t. You have to talk to the artist and others in the shop. After I got a couple of shit tattoos (I learned from this forum)
    Ask questions, and check portfolios. Remember: Nobody puts their bad tattoos in their portfolio.

Titan-ium
    Participant
    @titan-ium

Home

Here’s a link to the place I’m going, Kevin is the owner who said would fix my tattoo.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

A one year apprenticeship. Not very long, they’re usually three or four years. Four years tattooing?

I think I would check out some others. You will have the tattoo for the rest of your life. Think about that real serious.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

That is not amazing work, that is some over estimating their own abilities BAD. It resembles good work, but it’s not.

I’ve heard of apprentices being done after a year before, when they are exceptionally talented, but I know people who’s been apprenticing for 1-2 years who do better work than him. I wouldn’t let him touch me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.