LaBello
Participant
@labello

I’m a bit of an oddball in the industry since I have no tattoos… I started a lot differently than others… I was making a living as a portraitist and illustrator for magazines and comic books when I was recruited by a shop that hires only people with strong custom design/drawing skills… they showed me the ropes and now I’m the lead artist at Envy Ink in Southern Ohio: http://www.EnvyInkTattoo.com

Also, I write some of the stories I hear in the tattoo shop in a column called ‘Tattoo Confessionals’ that you can find here: http://www.JoshuaLaBello.com

Nice to meet you all.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

welcome to the forum dude.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Welcome, duuuude. I’m new here too. Would love to see some of your artwork, how about creating an album?

LaBello
Participant
@labello

[EDIT] you already linked to both your sites at the top. deleted as duplicate post

Please upload photos to your album here for embedding in posts.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Very nice work! I really like the reflection effect on the Koi piece. The snake over the shoulder looked painful as hell!

LaBello
Participant
@labello

No – when I do tattoos, it feels like a warm hug from grandma.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

lol. My grandma’s been gone for quite a while, so that’s sorta creepy.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hey Duuude,

Wow, great story. How interesting. Welcome to the forum. I’m definitely going to check out your art and the stories. ๐Ÿ™‚

GHustle
Participant
@ghustle

hey welcome ๐Ÿ™‚ I dont think its odd at all that you dont have any tats, the person who did mine has also 0 tattoos so you are not alone in this industry ๐Ÿ™‚

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Anil gupta had no tattoos for a very long time until recently when bob tyrell forced him to get one. Or so the legend goes…

GreenDragon
Participant
@greendragon

Welcome to the board from Cincinnati!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.