Blue1
Participant
@blue1

I’m Brandi from NW Louisiana. I started down the Tattoo road when I was 24 and it kinda took off with me. People are hard in acceptance around here with people covered in Art. I do NOT hide my tatts when out and about so I tend to get snide remarks, the stares and whispers and, occasionally, a few confrontations. It doesn’t bother me much b/c all my tatts mean something to me and I could care less what others think of me.

Hope to get to know you all and may you all have a wonderful and safe holiday season

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

welcomeT.gif

welcome to the forum brandi,
post some images of your collection in your member gallery so we can all see them.

good on ya for having the attitude that its your body and you can have what ya want…. i say wear it with pride 😀

Blue1
Participant
@blue1
Outlaw;55980 wrote:
welcomeT.gif

welcome to the forum brandi,
post some images of your collection in your member gallery so we can all see them.

good on ya for having the attitude that its your body and you can have what ya want…. i say wear it with pride 😀

Thanks Outlaw. All my tatt pics are in my profile

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

looks like some real nice ink there blue, its a shame a few of the images are too small to really appreciate what they look like….. i love the idea of an insanity symbol :p

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Welcome to the forums.
Nice ink!

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Welcome Blue. Good looking ink. I’m in Alabama so I know all about the culture you live in

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Heya Blue,
Tattooed women are the best 😀

ebiegirl
Participant
@ebiegirl

Nice work! I can’t imagine people confronting people about art… Where does that kind of craziness come from? I respect you for your bravery & what sounds like understanding of their total insanity 😀 Nice to meet you!

wby300
Participant
@wby300

Nice art Blue….My wife started late at 36…

Cheers
Steve

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

Thank you all for the welcome. I’m really enjoying my time here. I’m gonna try to get new pics of those really small ones in my profile over the weekend and get them up.

ebiegirl;56200 wrote:
Nice work! I can’t imagine people confronting people about art… Where does that kind of craziness come from? I respect you for your bravery & what sounds like understanding of their total insanity 😀 Nice to meet you!

Yep..I’ve had a few older women confront me. Now that I think back I was pretty rude with my retort – only b/c I do try to respect my elders…..but my mouth tends to think faster than my brain most of the time….I was shopping one day and had these older ladies following me, whispering to one another..every dept I went to and they were just staring. Finally after about 20 minutes of this (I have a low bullshit tolerance level) and I was about to confront them but one of them beat me to it. She waltz right up to me (all 5′ of her) looked me up and down and said “I bet you use to be pretty. Why did you do this to yourself?” I didn’t even think and popped back “And I bet you use to be thin…why didn’t you put that last doughnut down?” I left her there with her jaw on the floor hyperventilating.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi and welcome

I think you have a great collection of ink and I am always amazed at how ppl always judge each other – dig deep enough and everybody has something they would hate to be picked on about.

Take Care
Matthew

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo
Blue1;56231 wrote:
Thank you all for the welcome. I’m really enjoying my time here. I’m gonna try to get new pics of those really small ones in my profile over the weekend and get them up.

Yep..I’ve had a few older women confront me. Now that I think back I was pretty rude with my retort – only b/c I do try to respect my elders…..but my mouth tends to think faster than my brain most of the time….I was shopping one day and had these older ladies following me, whispering to one another..every dept I went to and they were just staring. Finally after about 20 minutes of this (I have a low bullshit tolerance level) and I was about to confront them but one of them beat me to it. She waltz right up to me (all 5′ of her) looked me up and down and said “I bet you use to be pretty. Why did you do this to yourself?” I didn’t even think and popped back “And I bet you use to be thin…why didn’t you put that last doughnut down?” I left her there with her jaw on the floor hyperventilating.

What an awesome reply. 😀

ebiegirl
Participant
@ebiegirl

Fricken fantastic reply! I can’t even imagine what kind of people they’d have to be.

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

LOL. Sometimes even little old ladies need to be put in their places. I’m all for respecting elders, but if someone is so blatantly rude to you, it’s ok to make a cheap shot at the size of her ass. Doesn’t matter how old she is.

Asenath83
Participant
@asenath83
ChaosDani;56294 wrote:
LOL. Sometimes even little old ladies need to be put in their places. I’m all for respecting elders, but if someone is so blatantly rude to you, it’s ok to make a cheap shot at the size of her ass. Doesn’t matter how old she is.

Actually I amazed of how many elderly people DEMAND respect from younger people but think they are entitled to be rude in return, be it by pushing others out of the way (especially popular on public means of transport and in shops) or by commenting everything or everyone they see.

As I already told someone on the bus once:
“Just because you’re old and wrinkly doesn’t mean I’ll take sh*t from you I wouldn’t take from anyone half your age!”
The person in question quite rudely demanded my seat, pointedly ignoring that I had a very obvious knee injury.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.