Sherav
Participant
@sherav

I think it is a very regional thing. Whilst in the UK it is becoming more acceptable there are pockets where it is clearly undeseriable.

Also for me I circulate in a area of my city that is full of orthodox Jews so i aint gonna get any compliments there.

That said I don’t tend to stress about it as ppl are ppl and unless they are paying my bills I do not tend to care.

The forum is great because at least here we all have a common liking of ink 😀

Take care
Matthew

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
Quote:
Also for me I circulate in a area of my city that is full of orthodox Jews so i aint gonna get any compliments there.

Yeah I am sure that goes over like a lead balloon :p

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

you must’ve really searched long and hard to find an anti-tattoo article, anyways those guys are peens.. but whatever, people have opinions

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Sorry what is a peen?? Never heard that one before.

Take Care
Matthew

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

PEEN short for PEEN+IS

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

LMAO

Thanks I was thinking is it a acronym or something.

Take Care
Matthew

normal guy
Participant
@normal-guy

damn good advise mat…thanx

dine
Participant
@dine
Sherav;54681 wrote:

Do you mind me asking is there something specific in the faith that frowns on tattoos? Or is it the Leviticus rule? I have a huge interest in religious doctrine. Most religions dont allow it by Canon Law, [as in the Bible] but it’s never really mentioned, except in Hindu, it’s called Haram or something like that.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

It is the interpretation on Levictius which is more to deal with scarification (but they include tattooing) that tattooing which was quite a common practice amongst the early hebronite tribes.

I have written a piece on tattooing prejudice and religion feel free to have a read and comment.

Take Care
Matthew

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

I recall that being on another thread on the forum Mathew – do you have the link?

Lison
Participant
@lison

Website dedicated to religious tattoos and the bible support for tattoos in general.
http://www.religioustattoos.net/Bible_Support/index.php
Didn’t see it so i though i’d post it.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Al

Yes that is not a bad link there is a lso a discussion in my blog or on my wordpress site as well.

New Covenent Ink also have some interesting pieces on their website as well.

Take Care
Matthew

NeckTattoosRock
Participant
@necktattoosrock

Move to San Francisco where people are open to all kinds of self expression. I guess you are looking for support…
People can be lame and cruel…it’s unfortunate. I never lived in a place where tats raise eyebrows.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

another old post been dragged up again….. i wish people would look at the dates 😉

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
NeckTattoosRock;64827 wrote:
Move to San Francisco where people are open to all kinds of self expression. I guess you are looking for support…
People can be lame and cruel…it’s unfortunate. I never lived in a place where tats raise eyebrows.

Yeah, I walked into Mortons in SF wearing shorts and a t-shirt and not one member or staff raised an eyebrow or treated us bad

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.