HocHabet
Participant
@hochabet

As of right now I don’t have any tattoos but I am thinking of getting one. However I don’t know what I want to get. I do know I want something that shows my devotion to my friends, my friends are everything to me, without them I would be lost, three in particular. I like to play video games and airsoft, and just be with my friends. I’m not really loud or abnoxious and I keep to myself alot. I’m only 19 years old and right now I live with my brother and his gf till I can get a job and get on my feet. Obviously family is very important as well as my friends and that’s why I want to get something to immortilize my friends. Any suggestions would be great.

dbotos
Participant
@dbotos

I would steer clear or people’s names or portraits. Maybe something a little more abstract that symbolizes friendship/family (but please, no Asian characters if you are not Asian yourself).

Take your time – research, sketch on paper, sketch on your body, go talk to artists and brainstorm with them. Get that job and slide your bro and his gf some money for room and board before you come home with fresh ink.

HocHabet
Participant
@hochabet

Alright thanks. I pretty much figured about the oriental Stuff and it has no meaning to me. But right now I was kinda thinking of a jolly Roger from the halo video game series with the 4 letter military acronym UNSC (united nations space command) underneath it. I thought that because my friends and I used to play halo all the time, like stay the night and kill each other all night. If I could get a few opinions on that, it would be great. I’ve asked my ex gf to sketh up a few pics of it with different colors, fonts and slightly different designs. But it’s really the only thing I could think of that pertains to my friends that I could get under my skin.

dbotos
Participant
@dbotos

With the bones or the swords? Cool either way.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=jolly+roger+flag&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

I would probably leave off the acronym or you will forever have people asking you what it means. Where on your body were you thinking about getting it?

HocHabet
Participant
@hochabet

I was looking at getting it on my shoulder blade, probably my right. But the reason I want to put the acronym is so people don’t just see the jolly Roger and immidiatly think “pirate” but if I put the acronym the I would assume people would not assoiate that with black beard, but I can’t really expect everyone to be that smart, but I can hope

dbotos
Participant
@dbotos

Shoulder blade sounds like a good place. Show us some sketches when you got ’em.

HocHabet
Participant
@hochabet

Alright, well I’ll email it to u if u would like. I’m having a bit of trouble attaching the file to the forum page. If u want a picture I guess just send me a private message. I have kind of a rough sketch that I want to give to the artist so I’ll send that.

dbotos
Participant
@dbotos

Did you try putting it in your album? Just go to User CP –> Pictures & Albums (in Networking section) –> Add Album. Once you create the album, there should be a Click Here to Upload Pictures link. I had resized mine to 640 x 480 and they were all under 100 KB in size. The uploader page says max size is 600 x 600 – looks like it knocked mine down to 600 x 450 (keeping the 4:3 aspect ratio intact). Let me know if that helps.

HocHabet
Participant
@hochabet

i just put up the pictures to the photo album. im going a few towns over to the shop to talk to the artist that will put it on me. were just gonna go over designs and pricing and stuff. i wont be able to get it done till i get a job, which hopefully be soon. i had an interview today so im hoping. my friends were talking about paying for me as an early birthday present. i think they were joking though. that would be cool though.

dbotos
Participant
@dbotos

Looks good! I think the bones being behind the skull (instead of below it), the lack of eye patch, and the missing lower jaw definitely separate it from the thought of “pirate”. I like the military stencil font too – you could probably find something online if you wanted to computer-generate that part of the artwork…

mdmilstenapts2.gif

HocHabet
Participant
@hochabet

Well I got my tattoo today. I went up to the shop to go over what he designed with no intention of getting it today, but he was under the impression that I was. I included in re email that I wouldn’t be able to get it for a while but I guess he forgot. When u told him I could get them money for it now he told me not to worry about it cause he just like to work and I could pay him later. And my friend was there with me and he told me if I needed to he could pay for me and I would pay him back when I could. Or he even offer to take care of it for me as an early Christmas present. I’ll have some pics up maybe tonight, if not then I will this weekend.

dbotos
Participant
@dbotos

Cool. Now you’re gonna be hooked. ๐Ÿ˜€

Looking forward to the pics.

HocHabet
Participant
@hochabet

Just got the pics up. Let me know what u think.

dbotos
Participant
@dbotos

Looks good all nice and black. I’m a fan of the black work, if you couldn’t tell. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.