JessPete
    Participant
    @jesspete

Hey all!

Finally got my first tat. Got the lower back done for privacy/formal gown reasons, but wanted a design that didn’t look like a typical stamp. (Not that I don’t think theyr’e totally sexy when done right, 😉 )
    Found some subject matter and my artist drew this up for me. I was in love!

45 mins of outlining, that I literally thought was ten, and then 45 more of shading. It wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it was and I felt like a total badass for going by myself and being so “tough”.

Very little redness and swelling. Got it Friday afternoon, did light A&D until Monday afternoon and switched to lotion. Didn’t have a lot of bleeding, had a little seepage in the first few hours, but nothing else. I haven’t seen any scabbing yet, but just started to peel. I’m thinking I must take really well to getting tattooed since I haven’t had any redness or swelling and it still looks pretty bright into the peeling stage. Totally stoked and open to feedback!

Still trying to upload pics from out here in the stix. Working on a sat card and it’s taking forever. Will throw up some pics from a few days later in a few.

Couple of hours after tat on Friday:

P4240049.jpg

JessPete
    Participant
    @jesspete

Here it is Day 5. Starting to peel. Everything looks normal, right?

TurtleTatWed.jpg

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Everything is fine and it looks way sweet. I love turtle tattoos and that one rocks.
    Looks like you put a lot of thought into it – any significance?

Take care
    Matthew

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

healing nicely 😉

pretty design as well

JessPete
    Participant
    @jesspete

In love with saltwater. We off shore fish, spend a lot of time in the Keys and on the Gulf Coast, I volunteer at the GA Aquarium and Warm Springs Hatchery, and own several saltwater tanks. Saltwater’s a big part of my life, at least the fun part.

Not even itching today. Peeling pretty well. I see specks when I put on lotion. Zero scabbing so far.

JessPete
    Participant
    @jesspete

Loved my first tat and wound up being disappointed that not many people got to see it.

Got a second one on the right shoulder. I love it. Of course, this one did get a little red and had a lot more bleeding. The last tat never scabbed or bled.

Feels good now though and it hasn’t really hurt after the fact like the first one did. Guess it’s all about placement.

I apologize for the bad pic, but I was at home, alone, trying to take it with an iphone in the mirror. My artist snapped a couple of pics, but I didn’t get a copy.

BTW, I’m very impressed by him. Cliff at New Addiction Tattoo in Marietta,GA

sharkt10.jpg

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

That is some beautiful ink. I am really impressed by the use of colour.
    Can I use these pics in my second ebook ? (My first is soon to be completed) as they are very unique.

Take Care
    Matthew

Rockysmom
    Participant
    @rockysmom

very nice!

JessPete
    Participant
    @jesspete

Sherav,

Absolutely. Give me a few days to get past peeling, and I’ll have my husband photograph both again. Would make much better images!

Thanks for the input!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.