Magnesium.
    Participant
    @magnesium

Hello, my name is Cam and im 18 years old. I live in Calgary, AB, Canada. I’m currently taking a year off after graduation, and plan to go to Southern Alberta Institute of Technology for automotive marketing next fall. I just got my first tattoo in Venice Beach.

Here is my first tattoo experience/story.

I recently wen’t on vacation (last weekend) with my mum to los Angeles, where we stayed at the Marina Pacific right beside Venice beach. During the trip I saw many people with tattoo’s and I’ve always been interested in tribal designs and sporting one because I feel they make each of us even more individual and can express endless number of meanings. On Sunday, January 18th after browsing some tattoo shops over the weekend I found one I really liked at a shop on Venice Beach. The shop was “Blue Zone” and when I first entered they we’re cleaning everything down and very friendly.. no pressure sales pitch or anything. After I chose my design he quoted me $150.00 and I accepted. I knew it was going to hurt but didn’t know what kind of pain to expect… the most nerve racking part is the loud buzz of the tattoo gun. I saw him take some parts for the machine out of the packages as he told me they we’re all brand new parts which did make me feel better. After the trace was on my arm he did the outline and it pretty much exactly how I expected it to feel, like a burning/scratching discomfort that wasn’t unbearable. I did cringe when he was working the softer skin on the underside of my arm… very strong burning sensation wow. He completed the piece in approx 1h 10m and I was thrilled with the outcome when he was finished and relieved the pain was over. I gave him $170 as I felt a tip is a nice token of appreciation to the person who just gave me something that will be with me for the rest of my life. He threw a piece of plastic over the finished piece after cleaning it up and applied some polysporin. 2h later I took the bandage off and there wasn’t to much blood, but some spots on and around the tribal work. I let it air out as there was still polysporin on it and went to sleep. When I woke up there was some ink on my sheets from the tattoo which worried me a bit, but from now what I hear its normal. It stings Monday morning slightly and looks slightly risen, some dry blood. I had a shower and let some water run over it to keep it clean but no direct water stream from the water nozzle. Later that night I apply some more polysporin. Day #2 I understand why they say it feels like a sunburn, but no ink on the sheets and some scabbing is starting to appear. They are not to thick right in the middle of my arm, but under where the softer skin is thicker and still feels a little puffy, swollen. I started using now Curel Fragrance Free Moisturizer which feels great to use. I’ve only had the tattoo 4 days now and I haven’t had any flaking but im very excited to have the scabs come off and flaking over with. The weirdest feeling, I must say though that i’ve noticed is when I have a shiver/Goosebumps over the tattoo’s area tingles sooo much. I’m hoping the healing process goes well with minimal to no scaring ( a little worried because of the scabs) but I hear its normal with some tattoo’s that have been worked a little harder. I found this forum and thought I could get some feedback, insight and inspiration for future tattoo’s and share my experience with you all. Here is a quick photo of what it looks like from side profile… it wraps about 60-70% around my arm.

Tribaltattoo1.jpg

Please let me know what you think! I love comments =)
    Regards

Tartanmack
    Participant
    @tartanmack

Welcome to the addiction that is the world of tattoos — nice starter piece:)

Magnesium.
    Participant
    @magnesium

Thanks man =)

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

Welcome to the forum. It looks like you’re on the right track. Your excitement speaks loudly in your writing and it’s adorable. I hope you enjoy the forum and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

welcome to the forum,
    and welcome on board the addictive paintrain, its nice to hear that you had great time and it sounds like you enjoyed the experience.
    and what a super gesture in giving him a tip, its nice when we get tipswell done mate…. so whens the next piece ?

Magnesium.
    Participant
    @magnesium

Hahah thanks again! This forum has some really good information on it and so many unique tattoos!
    I’m not sure when my 2nd peice will be done, im still waiting to see how my first turns our after healing.
    I will probably have another one done when any of my friends decide they want one… it helps them out if
    a friend gets it done too and gives me a reason for a 2nd peice. :rolleyes:

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Welcome to the forum.
    Nice piece you had done and I really enjoyed reading the experience you had.
    I know the place you went to as I went on a tattoo studio tour across the states (ok I did take in other sights but as I said to my wife she likes to shop I like tattoos 😉 ). They are a friendly bunch as well and not overpriced like some of the ones further south down the beach.

You realise that this will become a life addiction – it is a rare thing for people to stay at just the one.

Thanks

Matthew

Magnesium.
    Participant
    @magnesium
    Sherav;34029 wrote:
    Welcome to the forum.
    Nice piece you had done and I really enjoyed reading the experience you had.
    I know the place you went to as I went on a tattoo studio tour across the states (ok I did take in other sights but as I said to my wife she likes to shop I like tattoos 😉 ). They are a friendly bunch as well and not overpriced like some of the ones further south down the beach.

You realise that this will become a life addiction – it is a rare thing for people to stay at just the one.

Thanks

Matthew

Thanks Matt, glad you enjoyed reading my first tattoo experience. I’m glad you’ve heard of the shop I went to, makes me feel better that its a known studio. I have the feeling I will be getting more done, as soon as some of my friends step up and get some ink done, I will have another one done for sure. I can see how there addicting, I have a slight rush through me every time I realize i’ve got a tattoo and it feels great.

Magnesium.
    Participant
    @magnesium

ATTN: Admin please remove/delete this thread please and thank you.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy
    Magnesium.*;102174 wrote:
    ATTN: Admin please remove/delete this thread please and thank you.

Well if you didn’t bump nearly a year old thread nobody would of took the effort to go finding it..

Magnesium.
    Participant
    @magnesium
    Wardy;102196 wrote:
    Well if you didn’t bump nearly a year old thread nobody would of took the effort to go finding it..

If I google my name this thread comes up and I don’t want it to.. plz remove it for me.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.