candii
    Participant
    @candii

well i’ve decided on dean!!

woot woot o excited, i went in there today and w talked about it and sketch up a nice piece, i’ll b puttng my deposit dwn nxt weekor sumthing and book in for feb/ march!!

i did like innervision in the city, but i had a really bad vibe when i walked in, like they were being a lil awkward, i cant explain it but it made me feel uncomfortable and as if i wasnt good enuf to b tattooed there!

im really happy with dean and his work, he’s going to sketch sumthing up for me and we’ll go from there, hes really cool to so i think that will make me alot more comfortable when i get inked up!! i’ll upload a pic of what we sketchd up today on mi body nd let me know what u think. so far i’d jst liek the wings to be a lil more flarred out and the neck to be a lil smoother and fluid.

candii
    Participant
    @candii

DSC02606.jpg
    DSC02605.jpg

maan im so excited for this!!! anyone got any tips to help get thru this? shuld i bother with the numbing creme??

candii
    Participant
    @candii

will also be throwing in some cherry blossoms too ๐Ÿ˜€ they’ll be pink while the phoenix will b greyscale

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

Haha copy cat… Eh have a full meal two hours before, bring bottled water and suckers to take away from the pain. The sugar rush is good for your adrenaline. He should let you take breaks but don’t be afraid to ask for them either. After your tattoo artist is done take Tylenol or whatever pain med you can afterward. Don’t make any plans after that. Sleep if you can. The worst is that night and the day after. Don’t wear a bra for about two weeks and stick to comfy pants. Good luck and may the force be with you. Har har.

zamc08
    Participant
    @zamc08

haha gutted,

Welcome to the forum

candii
    Participant
    @candii
    Demure;31623 wrote:
    Haha copy cat… Eh have a full meal two hours before, bring bottled water and suckers to take away from the pain. The sugar rush is good for your adrenaline. He should let you take breaks but don’t be afraid to ask for them either. After your tattoo artist is done take Tylenol or whatever pain med you can afterward. Don’t make any plans after that. Sleep if you can. The worst is that night and the day after. Don’t wear a bra for about two weeks and stick to comfy pants. Good luck and may the force be with you. Har har.

lol at not wearin a bra, hahah thats true tho i wnt b able to because it’ll be over the bra line hahha hmm!!

this artist is pretty cool, i feel really comfortable with him and i tink thats extremely important when getting a tatt!! lol he spun out when i sed this is my first haha he’s like, uhhh u know this is guna hurt hahaha.

he explained the pain to be like being sunburnt and sum1 scrtaching u! i was actually sun burnt that day too lol so i tested it out on my leg and owe ๐Ÿ™ hahaha but i rekonn i’ll tuff it out!!

shuld i get numbing cream?

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

I didn’t but it may be a good idea. Ya I got along with my artist really well too. He was kool and made me feel really comfortable.

candii
    Participant
    @candii

i’ve been thinking about the design of my tatt and i was wondering if i could get ur advise on the placemnt?

i was thinking of having the tatt come a lil lower up my side (so end jst under the bikini line) and maybe have the tail come a lil lower on my hip, what do u guys think? will it look better as a full side or have it finish a lil lower?

also i might be changing the head so the neck is a lil more straighter and i’ll make the wings a lil more flared out. i’ll upload sum pics in my gallery in a sec

thankyoO!!!

candii
    Participant
    @candii

hmm doesnt seem to let me upload ny pics in my album

so here is a pic of the shape of bdy i may alter it a lil to

Phoenix-Tattoo1.jpg

see how th head is a lil more stronger and looks more powerful, also i like how the wings r a lil stronger too.

here is sum info on their appearence i found:

Beak of a cock, face of a swallow, neck of a snake, breast of a goose, back of a tortoise, hind quarters of a stag and tail of fish

candii
    Participant
    @candii

kk i jst sketched tis up now lol what u rekon, dnt laugh its a lil shit hahah

DSC02627.jpg

i jst want it a lil more feminine and i think the shorter neck and eyes achieve that look.

it is said that the tear of a phoenix can heal a man and make him immortal for a period of time, what do u think of adding a small tear drop out of the corner of her eye?

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

To be honest I like the placement already. But as far as the actual drawing goes, I only like the tail that your artist drew on you. I like the sketch of your’s better in the head and wings actually. The wings need to be angled as is on your body because it fits the form of your ribcage. The wings probably need more detail like in the jpeg you added that’s lined in red. I like the head you drew and especially the eye, very feminine. Depending on what angle you get the tear drop on that eye, it could be tacky. So when drawing the tear, pay close attention to its placement. I would say have the feathers on your phoenix’s head match its tail. If you give the illusion of thicker feathers in the abdomen of your phoenix, this can create the effect of hidden feet. Look from example on the red jpeg you inserted from the web.

Hope that helped!!

candii
    Participant
    @candii
    Demure;31739 wrote:
    To be honest I like the placement already. But as far as the actual drawing goes, I only like the tail that your artist drew on you. I like the sketch of your’s better in the head and wings actually. The wings need to be angled as is on your body because it fits the form of your ribcage. The wings probably need more detail like in the jpeg you added that’s lined in red. I like the head you drew and especially the eye, very feminine. Depending on what angle you get the tear drop on that eye, it could be tacky. So when drawing the tear, pay close attention to its placement. I would say have the feathers on your phoenix’s head match its tail. If you give the illusion of thicker feathers in the abdomen of your phoenix, this can create the effect of hidden feet. Look from example on the red jpeg you inserted from the web.

Hope that helped!!

why thankyou so much for your honest opinion ๐Ÿ˜€ yea im oving the tail he’s done but the body an head he drew was really plain and not so eye cathing, i think te new head and face i drew upwill work a lil better and suit what im after ๐Ÿ˜€ yup i might draw up another one tonight with the wings angled a lil more like on the one on my bodyand see how tht goes

yup ill also fix its head feathers up haha im not quite sure what i was thining with thatlil scribble ontp of her head hahaha and smart idea, hiding the feet with feathers ๐Ÿ˜€ thanks for that!!

here is a pic with the tear drop added:

DSC02630.jpg

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

Not bad. I’m actually compiling many pictures of phoenix bird images for you to look at right now. You’re a good enough artist to take this tip:

Look at the images that I post (very soon.) Compare and contrast all of them. Take the concepts that you like from -different- pieces then create your own phoenix by putting them together.

candii
    Participant
    @candii
    Demure;31741 wrote:
    Not bad. I’m actually compiling many pictures of phoenix bird images for you to look at right now. You’re a good enough artist to take this tip:

Look at the images that I post (very soon.) Compare and contrast all of them. Take the concepts that you like from -different- pieces then create your own phoenix by putting them together.

awww your so kind!! yup thats thebest thing i culd do, thanks for ur help hun ๐Ÿ™‚

i’ll try sketch up sumthing after dinner:D

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

Did you check out the album?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.