madkemist
    Participant
    @madkemist

Hey guys,

For the last 5 years i have been through tough times, too many things to type in here. anyhow things have gotten better and i want to get my first tattoo after i have completed my physical condition goal.

i am open to anything that will signify me breaking out of an ongoing cycle of pain (due to back problem)/ drugs/ bad relationships / anxiety.

Hunni Bunni
    Participant
    @hunni-bunni

hiya!!!

after reading your thread, it jumped out at me that you should maybe consider some sort of quote or a line from a song you like in some nice lettering!!!

juz an idea……….

after the shit time ive had, im considering getting the saying, “only the strong survive” but thats just me, different folks like different strokes!!!

kez 😀

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

you could go for a pheonix, the mythalogical eagle like bird that rises from the ashes to start of a new life
    it could symbolise a new begining for you

dad556
    Participant
    @dad556

Hi i would go with a pheonix as Outlaw said new begining from the ashes. 🙂

madkemist
    Participant
    @madkemist

Thanks guys for the replies. I am not too big on writing, unless it is japanese or arabic.

anyhow the idea with the pheonix rising out of ashes seems terrific. anyother ideas indicative of a new beginning.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

looks like its my turn again lol..:p

how about a koi dragon. ?
    The koi dragon in Japanese folklore represents the overcoming of obstacles.. it starts life as a koi fish (symbolising strength) and swims up the yellow river, and when it comes to the end of the river it transforms into the koi dragon; thus overcoming the adversity represented by the strong river to fufill its own destiny.

madkemist
    Participant
    @madkemist

@Outlaw 31117 wrote:

The koi dragon in Japanese folklore represents the overcoming of obstacles.. it starts life as a koi fish (symbolising strength) and swims up the yellow river, and when it comes to the end of the river it transforms into the koi dragon; thus overcoming the adversity represented by the strong river to fufill its own destiny.

ok that is the best idea thus far

madkemist
    Participant
    @madkemist

i have previously thought about gettin a dragon, it just feels very powerful.

Anyhow I am in Diamond Bar, Ca. It is in LA county and very close to Orange County. Any recommendations for tattoo artists.

For a peice that extends from my shoulder to my back, how much money am I looking at. I am sure it various a lot but I am a noob to tattoo so i have no clue.

madkemist
    Participant
    @madkemist

anyone in LA/OC area that is known for dragons.

flyingoystertattoo
    Participant
    @flyingoystertattoo

@madkemist 31173 wrote:

anyone in LA/OC area that is known for dragons.

If it’s a “transformation” tattoo like you say, you should be less concerned about who is known for dragons. Start looking for someone in your area that is known for incredible custom drawn pieces, then go see the ones that you find out about, and narrow your choices down from there. For what you want, you definitely want to find someone that will be interested in doing the best job for you, not how much money you have. Someone you can give your idea to and trust to run with that idea is what you need. You definitely don’t want to choose any artist that will attempt to talk you out of what you want. Indeed, it will be expensive (depending on the actual size somewhere around $1500?), however, excellence comes at a price. Start you searches closest to you, and work your way out, and take your time. I have heard great things about Manakin Tattoo,and seen a few bad ass dragons come from there and I’m pretty sure they are close to you, so check them out. Good luck in your search.

Oh yeah, these are only my opinions 😀

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

@Outlaw 31117 wrote:

ooo ooo i want that!!! i want it nooooow!!! Thats perfect for me… i was thinking of a phoenix too but no i want that!! its different and I like it!!!

madkemist
    Participant
    @madkemist

cheers mate, your advice was awsome.

The noob that I am to tattoo, I didn’t realize that I wont be able to afford this for next 6 years due to my college’s financial situ.

So I am open for more ideas which are perhaps a bit smaller (shoulder /upper arm) which would also be affordable. I would still like the dragon one day but when the time and money is right for me.

flyingoystertattoo
    Participant
    @flyingoystertattoo

@madkemist 31219 wrote:

cheers mate, your advice was awsome.

The noob that I am to tattoo, I didn’t realize that I wont be able to afford this for next 6 years due to my college’s financial situ.

So I am open for more ideas which are perhaps a bit smaller (shoulder /upper arm) which would also be affordable. I would still like the dragon one day but when the time and money is right for me.

Don’t be too quick to quote me on the price I told you, I could be wrong. The price will vary depending on the size of the piece you want, of course, as well as the size of your arm. If it’s going to be a large tattoo, You’ll likely be in for more than one sitting, which leaves a possibility that you may not have to pay in full, only for sessions. Keep your idea alive, and don’t give up on it. You can surely find an artist that will work with you, and give you good sitting prices. I don’t know any artists myself that would require you to pay in full for a piece that isn’t complete 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.