onecomm
    Participant
    @onecomm

Hello Everyone, I’m new here….

I just had my ink done today…..

I went in and asked to get “Faith” done in chinese characters on my back…..

The artist…who was great by the way…got the image off google, but I couldnt find the character I got anywhere…

I was wondering if anyone can tell what it is that it exactly says….

Thank you very much!!

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g193/AznLoyaltyFoLife/ist2_722075_chinese_calligraphy_pal.jpg

zamc08
    Participant
    @zamc08

hiya and welcome to this amazing forum 🙂
    yeah i can say it deffo does mean “failth”

Hunni Bunni
    Participant
    @hunni-bunni

well after reading your thread and seeing the image you have posted, i am 99.9% sure that symbol the tattooist googled and inked on you, doesnt mean faith!!!

if you check on google for yourself through the image search, you will find that that particular image he used was from somebodies myspace profile, and if you look through the symbols, the faith symbols that are shown are totally different to the one you have!!!

its one of those risks, and people must really do there homework before having symbols tattooed on them, unless you speak chinese or know a very trustworthy chinese person, then you dont actually know for sure what it means!!!

below i have posted what i am sure is the faith symbol

http://img117.imageshack.us/my.php?image=faithqz8.jpg

welcome to the forum!!! kez:D

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

wow thats crazy that the artist used the internet to find you the symbol (not that it isnt a great tool but just going on and picking one he isnt sure about is wrong)… how long did you do your research? I have a Chinese symbol on my neck but i researched it for a lil over a year or so before i was confident it was what i wanted. A china man came to me a week ago admiring it and translated it to “released” or “free” like liberated , and thats what i was going for. kiddo i hope you can go to someone and find out what it means really.

AnGeLeYeSoNu
    Participant
    @angeleyesonu

Hmmm I am sure Kez is right I googled here http://www.chinesenames.org/chinese-symbols/faith.htm

and there are three different writings one of them is the one Kez posted but there are none that look anything like yours but have a good search around

Welcome to the forum

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

the problem with oriental script is that it changes from area to area, there are so many different variations to the symbols.
    go to your local chinese restaurant with a photo of it and ask them what it says.. it might sort your worries out

i say take a photo of it just in case it dont say what you think it does, if they dont know its your tattoo they wont rip the piss out of you if it is something different to faith

onecomm
    Participant
    @onecomm

Wow…thank you guys so much for your replies and help….I think i definitely need to find out what is says so that I can cover it up with something else if its not “Faith”

I was kinda hoping there was a Chinese or Japanese person in this forum who can read it….

Nonetheless…I got it on my back because its for myself and to remind myself that God has my back…not to show off to people…

But I really hope that it doesnt say something stupid…

I heard that Britney Spears’ Kanji tattoo was suppose to be “Mystery” but actually say “Strange”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.