RICKY7780
    Participant
    @ricky7780

Well my name is Ricky. Im 24. Basically i just want some help and some suggestions for a cover up of a name i need done. a lil’ bit of my story is that ive been married 5 yrs and am now going through a divorce. yes i know what everyone is thinking. tattooing your significant others name is taboo. well i got it done 4 yrs ago. anyways, i just really need some ideas on what to cover it with. all the suggestions would be a big help. now i like tribal, dragons, chinese type art, and i have a daughter whos name i plan to tattoo on me, her name is alexis. i will also consider big tattoos or one that somehow goes onto my side. basically i am open to anything.] but i will post a picture so everyone can see and point me in the right direction or give me some good ideas and/or sketches. thanks everyone!!!

img068.jpg

buzz
    Participant
    @buzz

hey m8

geez wasnt xpecting to be so big, i’ll do my best dude but i need to think bout it, there a heaps of talented people here that should be able to help m8… you could of got it on your arm haha anyways i’ll have a think

catchya m8

RICKY7780
    Participant
    @ricky7780

@buzz 30338 wrote:

hey m8

geez wasnt xpecting to be so big, i’ll do my best dude but i need to think bout it, there a heaps of talented people here that should be able to help m8… you could of got it on your arm haha anyways i’ll have a think

catchya m8

thanks bro, yeah not small but really not that big eaither, well the letters arent anyways. i appreciate it so much for u giving it some thought. i thought about the arm but i want something gnarly to go on them. but thanks alot.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

unfortunately that is a big bold piece to try and cover, if you went tribal it would be hurendously big…. i would suggest a couple of hits with lazer to lighten it down, that way you would have a better choice on what to go with.

just my 2 pennies worth

Ironmax
    Participant
    @ironmax

Welcome to the forum! Sorry I can’t help much on the cover-up, since I’m a lousy artist, but there must be something cool you could do there. I agree with the suggestion of maybe a laser treatment to lighten it up a bit first. How about a cobra snake or something similar that would wrap around the area?

Hey I’ve been married for 35 years and I still won’t get my wife’s name inked on me! 😀

RICKY7780
    Participant
    @ricky7780

thanks for the input everyone. yes it is a bigg piece to cover up. i feel like i dont want to cover it up as to its one of my mistakes in life i made and that i learned from. she was an important part in my life and i dont ever regret getting it done, but in a sense i feel like i want to keep it but kinda of do a little cover up to show that i have to move on. not really asking for sketches or pictures, though it would help, but ideas of what to do would help. yes a tribal wouldnt look right, and i like the idea of a cobra. just keep throwing suggestions at me. i greatly appreciate everyones time.

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

@Outlaw 30396 wrote:

unfortunately that is a big bold piece to try and cover, if you went tribal it would be hurendously big…. i would suggest a couple of hits with lazer to lighten it down, that way you would have a better choice on what to go with.

just my 2 pennies worth

welcome-3.gif

DAMN DUDE!! Shame ya had to tattoo her name on ya and even bigger shame your getting a divorce… dont worry but i was married for 4 yrs and still going thru finallizing stages of the divorce.

But like Outlaw said I was just thinking about. Go get some laser treatment done and then later get a new tatt.

And do yourself a favor NO TATTOOS OF SHIT THAT WILL REMIND YOU OF A GIRLFRIEND OR EX WIFE!!

My 2 cents right thurr buddy!!

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

@RICKY7780 30417 wrote:

thanks for the input everyone. yes it is a bigg piece to cover up. i feel like i dont want to cover it up as to its one of my mistakes in life i made and that i learned from. she was an important part in my life and i dont ever regret getting it done, but in a sense i feel like i want to keep it but kinda of do a little cover up to show that i have to move on. not really asking for sketches or pictures, though it would help, but ideas of what to do would help. yes a tribal wouldnt look right, and i like the idea of a cobra. just keep throwing suggestions at me. i greatly appreciate everyones time.

Well its good to not regret… i dont regret my marriage and all that either so good deal for you BUT great feeling to move on and if givin it a like artwork around the edges but still keeping it will help you move on then hopefully these guys here can keep throwin ideas out there for ya.

goodluckflame1.gif

RICKY7780
    Participant
    @ricky7780

@AhshKoshBGosh 30587 wrote:

welcome-3.gif

DAMN DUDE!! Shame ya had to tattoo her name on ya and even bigger shame your getting a divorce… dont worry but i was married for 4 yrs and still going thru finallizing stages of the divorce.

But like Outlaw said I was just thinking about. Go get some laser treatment done and then later get a new tatt.

And do yourself a favor NO TATTOOS OF SHIT THAT WILL REMIND YOU OF A GIRLFRIEND OR EX WIFE!!

My 2 cents right thurr buddy!!

@AhshKoshBGosh 30588 wrote:

Well its good to not regret… i dont regret my marriage and all that either so good deal for you BUT great feeling to move on and if givin it a like artwork around the edges but still keeping it will help you move on then hopefully these guys here can keep throwin ideas out there for ya.

goodluckflame1.gif

well thanks for the input. yeah ive learned my lesson. i was young and thigns were easier. laser treatments sounds like the right thing to do but a lil too extreme for me. like i said before, i want to keep it , but then i dont. maybe if i find that right piece of artwork then that will help me decide. but ideas with the tattoo or a cover up of it are all welcome. one of my buddies mentioned to me and showed me a pic of a tattoo of a name and the way they covered it up was by tattooing the word “void” on it, lol. like one of those ink stamps they use to stamp documents and such. it looked pretty cool. ive entertained the idea. but thanks for the replies guys!!

RICKY7780
    Participant
    @ricky7780

here is a photo of the “void” stamp im talking about. if anyone likes this idea or just wants to play with the idea with this and photoshop it for me please do. thank everyone.

bmegl088502.jpg

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

bahaha thats an awesome idea!! I like that pic!

Yea when your in love and really want to show your loved one how much you care a tattoo seems like the best way. I used to think it was sweet and a great gesture but then i started to learn that it was almost like a curse… after the tattoo is done soon enuff the relationship sours.

I learn by making mistakes so i know how you feel ya just gotta tell yourself “hey its how i learned, like it or not”

RICKY7780
    Participant
    @ricky7780

@AhshKoshBGosh 30749 wrote:

bahaha thats an awesome idea!! I like that pic!

Yea when your in love and really want to show your loved one how much you care a tattoo seems like the best way. I used to think it was sweet and a great gesture but then i started to learn that it was almost like a curse… after the tattoo is done soon enuff the relationship sours.

I learn by making mistakes so i know how you feel ya just gotta tell yourself “hey its how i learned, like it or not”

exactly right.

eveline
    Participant
    @eveline

i will draw something for u and post here mby 2morrow or day after

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

@eveline 30948 wrote:

Aww thats nice of ya!! Im sure Ricky would appreciate it a lot. :D:D

RICKY7780
    Participant
    @ricky7780

@eveline 30948 wrote:

damn thanks so much. i really appreciate you giving up some of your time. thank s to everyone who gives this thought.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.