3Sams
Participant
@3sams

Hi,

New to the forum, I currently have five tattoos. I joined this forum as I am not in any tattoo circles in my little corner of the world.

I live in the country and work as a farmer.

So far all my tattoos are basic, and probably not worthy of showing, as they are all things that hold meaning to myself.

I would like to ask your opinions finding a good artist to redesign a current image I have that I would like to get done as my next ink. There are only a couple of tattooists in my town, and while they do a reasonable job doing the ink, I would like the design done by someone with good skill from an artists viewpoint.

Is there anyone here who would do it on a commission basis? or point me in the right direction? the image is complete, but I would need it redone to a larger and more detailed form, and add a couple of tweak’s.

I probably should ask this in a new thread.

turbosatan
Keymaster
@turbosatan

First step is what kind d of style is the new tattoo and how far are you willing to travel

There are plenty of great artists in Australia but how far are you willing to go for the right one is the key

3Sams
Participant
@3sams

This is the image I would like to work from, It’s taken from a statue of an Anzac soldier, I’m sure it’s been done as a tattoo a lot in Australia, as it holds a lot of meaning to many of us, but I would like to change the rifle a little, add a few small details like a moustache, and add a red poppy flower. The red poppy is an Anzac tradition of remembrance to our soldiers.

I travel to Melbourne frequently.

Do you think that could work as a tattoo?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I have posted on this twice with links to good tattooists in Melbourne that could nail that tattoo but my posts never appeared

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

That could be done by a good tattooist try

http://thirdeyetattoostudio.com/marshalls-gallery/

Or pretty much anyone at

http://www.theblackmark.com.au/

3Sams
Participant
@3sams

Thank you heaps for those recommendations,  I will do some research.

I will be in Melbourne in a few weeks, I will keep you updated.

Cheers

jeff2020
Participant
@jeff2020

Some of the artist profiles at the Black Mark look really amazing.

Has anyone had work done there?

shellybelly
Participant
@shellybelly

Did you get it done? We NEED to see 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.