realwrastling
Participant
@realwrastling

I feel like this is a bit different from the styles most people here are into, but I’m really happy with how this came out! It’s hard to get a decent picture, so I’ve take this one from the artists instagram (she also struggled to get a decent photo – the boys eyes are actually a lot cleaner than they appear, for example).

I’m curious to see how it heals – i know colour stuff like this can sometimes degrade a bit faster.

Fb5EFDn.jpg

As a side note, any thoughts on how long I should keep putting cling wrap on it to stop it rubbing against my clothes? There seems to be a fair bit of inconsistency in thoughts on this.

Dan
Participant
@dan

I actually like that tattoo a lot,very nice.I like the use of the silhouette and the negative space for the eyes,and the trunk is nice, but I really like the blue/green top.

and the color on that spot on you will stay nice for a long time,you usually have at least a tank top on I assume,so it’s not going to see much sun,the color will stay real nice IMO,use sunblock when you go shirtless too.

realwrastling
Participant
@realwrastling

Cheers man! Yeah I’m not really even a tank top kinda guy, so should hopefully hold up pretty well!

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

I like it, too. Nice tattoo.

I’ve used the ‘dry wrap’ healing process several times. Previous artists have recommended that the saran be used until it starts to peel. Usually the fourth day. The last artist said 6 days and that worked better for me, was all peeled by then. (the saran wrap was removed, the tattoo cleaned, and fresh saran applied 4x daily)

realwrastling
Participant
@realwrastling

Thanks! So when you wash, do you put some ointment (or whatever aftercare product you’re using) on before the saran? Or is it just wash, then saran?

Dan
Participant
@dan

@realwrastling 145711 wrote:

Thanks! So when you wash, do you put some ointment (or whatever aftercare product you’re using) on before the saran? Or is it just wash, then saran?

I do a similar method except the saran only lasts the first 24 hours,and after the initial Vaseline the artist put on,I use Palmers cocoa butter for the first week,yes even under clothing,I keep a very very light coat of it on,and use a anti-microbial soap for the first 3 or 5 days in a warm shower with the palm of your hand.then once it starts peeling I use Lubriderm fragrance free.

k2-_386e65ae-6ad7-4237-bab9-834a0cfc86de.v1.jpg
a1d99dc44a46f3940ed98434d7d5.jpg

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

@realwrastling 145711 wrote:

Remove saran. Wash hands. Wash tattoo. Replace saran.

No ointment or lotion until after the plastic wrap comes off for the last time.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

looks nice as for healing it just keep it clean and moisturize it (not to much) a couple times a day.

realwrastling
Participant
@realwrastling

Ok cool, thanks for the advice everyone!

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@NorCalDan 145712 wrote:

I do a similar method except the saran only lasts the first 24 hours,and after the initial Vaseline the artist put on,I use Palmers cocoa butter for the first week,yes even under clothing,I keep a very very light coat of it on,and use a anti-microbial soap for the first 3 or 5 days in a warm shower with the palm of your hand.then once it starts peeling I use Lubriderm fragrance free.

The only thing different I do is that when getting tattooed, we use Redemption. Not all tattooers or shops use it so I have my own. I use it for the first 2/3 days then switch to Palmer’s. And I usually use TatuDerm or Tegaderm wrap.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

I don’t wrap or cover mine, wash it after you take the cling film off the first time and then leave it alone, a little bit of bepanthen or moisturiser if it starts to get dry and that’s it.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Everyones got their own method (as you can tell)
I like it.

realwrastling
Participant
@realwrastling

Yeah – I ended going for a pretty basic aftercare – just a bit of ointment here and there, keep it clean etc, seems to have worked fine.

And cheers Jerry!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.