Tyler224
    Participant
    @tyler224

@poxphobia 129139 wrote:

For me it’s two things; The linework is uneven. Not everywhere, but it is in quite a few places.
    It’s the composition of the design.. It looks like it was drawn by someone who doesn’t get design. Just “I’ll place a leaf here, and one there!” with no regard for how it all works together. Artists usually have a very good eye for just this, but whoever did this design, doesn’t. Or they were having a terrible day.
    The top leaf is what made me notice, the placement should have been more centered.

Must have had an off tattoo. The dagger and “light of the world” one was done by the same artist.

Tyler224
    Participant
    @tyler224

@poxphobia 129139 wrote:

Just “I’ll place a leaf here, and one there!” with no regard for how it all works together. Artists usually have a very good eye for just this, but whoever did this design, doesn’t. Or they were having a terrible day.
    The top leaf is what made me notice, the placement should have been more centered.

Also, if you notice the top leaf was centered as much as possible. The artist placed the leaf there because of my bros existing tattoo above it. My bro was set on having it there do the artist had to make it work.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@Tyler224 129148 wrote:

Also, if you notice the top leaf was centered as much as possible. The artist placed the leaf there because of my bros existing tattoo above it. My bro was set on having it there do the artist had to make it work.

Most normal people wont even notice such things, like me lol it looks fine but your asking a very fussy crowd 🙂

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Tyler224 129134 wrote:

Oh okay. I just don’t see what you’re talking about can you enlighten me?:)

The placement of the leaves around the watch, the numerals on the watch face are off, the watch itself is cocked compared to the background.

I take time and timepieces seriously. A watch is a thing of precision and should be represented thus. (it’s an occupational hazard with me)

msmercury
    Participant
    @msmercury

Nice stuff! 🙂

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Tyler224 129147 wrote:

Must have had an off tattoo. The dagger and “light of the world” one was done by the same artist.

yes and all three have wonky line work.
    they aren’t bad tattoos at all but sometimes we are just hyper critical here.

X-Slim
    Participant
    @x-slim

ohh good work man i like them

mrchen
    Participant
    @mrchen

Wow tough crowd, always tough, good start on a collection of traditional. I dig it

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

Weird nobody have asked you this before, but is he like your brother by blood or bro as in BROHIRIM-kind ?

Tyler224
    Participant
    @tyler224

@BertNaked 129659 wrote:

Weird nobody have asked you this before, but is he like your brother by blood or bro as in BROHIRIM-kind ?

Blood related.

Jonny Rasclart
    Participant
    @jonny-rasclart

I was expecting tattoos of these two-
    Bros+png.png
    Nice tattoo’s BTW

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.