Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Pretty lame convention, but I did get some work done.

Lightning bugs, and more detail completion.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Sam, they’re adorable!

(I know you guys love it when us girls do that. 😉 )

Well done.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I really like the lightening bugs. They made me say “Aaawwwwww”. So GrayCatLove must be right – adorable!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 126545 wrote:

(I know you guys love it when us girls do that. 😉 )
    Well done.

Thank you. I don’t know if it’s specifically the tattoos, or perhaps my changed outlook on life in general are responsible, but I’ve been having a lot more conversation with people lately. And particularly with women.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Think they look ace mate, a nice addition 🙂

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

They look cool they fit right in there.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Tattoos CAN soften one’s appearance. I’ve had many people think I’m more approachable after learning I have tattoos, so it’s entirely possible, Sam.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@GrayCatLove 126605 wrote:

Tattoos CAN soften one’s appearance. I’ve had many people think I’m more approachable after learning I have tattoos, so it’s entirely possible, Sam.

This true in some weird unexplainable way lol

anonymous
    Participant
    @anonymous

I forgot all abut that convention. Then again, Eric M. is the only one there that truly interested me and I’m almost as close to his shop as I am to Harrisburg. 😀 The new ink looks good btw! 🙂

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@D3FiANC3 126655 wrote:

I forgot all abut that convention. Then again, Eric M. is the only one there that truly interested me and I’m almost as close to his shop as I am to Harrisburg. 😀 The new ink looks good btw! 🙂

Thanks! I’m glad you didn’t make the trip. It was pretty lame.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Gee, Sam, you make it sound like such a good time. :p

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 126682 wrote:

Gee, Sam, you make it sound like such a good time. :p

Well, Cat, for my first convention, I did have a good time. I got to meat a bunch of good people. Had I been a vendor? Not so much. To say things were slow, you could have walked in at any time and found somebody waiting to tattoo you. Halo, who has one hell of a portfolio, sat and played video games then left Saturday afternoon. The local tattoo artists were busy with their regular clients. The only publicity I found locally was in the Harrisburg paper ON FRIDAY. (The first day of the convention) Most of the out of area vendors stayed because they were locked into their hotel rooms.
    The Roller Derby teams competed with few spectators to watch. I did not plan on going to the concerts or the burlesque show. I don’t know how well they were attended.
    Next year? Probably yes, just to see if it’s better organized, But not all three days.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

That’s a real bummer, Sam. I have plans to move to TX this summer and there’s a good convention yearly in Killeen, which is near where I’m looking at grad school. I’d hate to go to a convention and nothing’s going on. Had some of the more popular folks like Roman de Luna, etc.

I mean, it’d be neat to go in, plop my butt down, and get a quality tattoo on the fly, but I feel bad for the artists. 🙁

I love PA. It’s a shame all the people on the forum are so spread out or we could have a meet-up at a con or something!

argedion
    Participant
    @argedion

nice work with the lightning bugs. Its a good touch

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.