AaronK33
    Participant
    @aaronk33

Well I would have to start of really explaining the tattoo, it was a very special piece to me. My nephew was born in August 2009 with a Congenital Heart Defect, he had a hole in his heart and was missing a pulmonary artery. He had his fist surgery at 2 days old and another one at 6 months and now at 3 and a half years old he is going strong and although the thought that most surgeries will be required in the future all of the hardest ones have passed and I wanted to do something to honor my personal hero.
    zmcw8z.jpg

The Tattoo was done by Tomas Archuleta at Chapter One Tattoo in San Diego
    Edit: The tattoo is on the left side of my chest over my heart

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Looks nice mate, poor little fellow 🙁

AaronK33
    Participant
    @aaronk33

@peterpoose 125841 wrote:

Looks nice mate, poor little fellow 🙁

Thank you 🙂 He is one of the toughest people I know nothing phases him whatsoever!

argedion
    Participant
    @argedion

Looks good. cool story

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

Look’s good.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

It’s really tough when a little one has to face such trama. Our son had serious issues when only weeks old.
    He is now 25 years old and could kick my ass anytime. (but he’d better not try)
    Your nephew may be all the stronger overcoming these adversities and it appears he is well on the way.

Keep us posted.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

That is a lovely tattoo.

As some folks on here know, I’m a pediatric nurse. I think this would be a great example to show grieving parents special ways if they ask how others have grieved losses in non-traditional ways. This is beautifully done and a lovely way never to forget.

AaronK33
    Participant
    @aaronk33

@Sam-I-Am 125865 wrote:

It’s really tough when a little one has to face such trama. Our son had serious issues when only weeks old.
    He is now 25 years old and could kick my ass anytime. (but he’d better not try)
    Your nephew may be all the stronger overcoming these adversities and it appears he is well on the way.

Keep us posted.

Yeah it is tough but he is a lot stronger than most kids his age and just fights against it all and if you saw him you would never think anything was wrong with him it is amazing.

AaronK33
    Participant
    @aaronk33

@GrayCatLove 125872 wrote:

That is a lovely tattoo.

As some folks on here know, I’m a pediatric nurse. I think this would be a great example to show grieving parents special ways if they ask how others have grieved losses in non-traditional ways. This is beautifully done and a lovely way never to forget.

That is awesome and thank you for what you do some of the nurses during his surgery were so helpful and nice that they have become part of the family. That would be great! I know it can be harder to deal with actual loss through things like this but it was my personal way of honoring him and that was he grows up he knows he is loved and we are all by his side good or bad.

anonymous
    Participant
    @anonymous

Works looks pretty solid. Glad Braedyn is doing better.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.