hustlesix
    Participant
    @hustlesix

Hi everybody I hope you’re all chilling and enjoying themselves on this site.

With a spliff or a lil beverage I hope. intoxication is as always, delightful.

Aaaanyway.

I’m looking to get a cover up of my chest tattoo. I’ve had it since I was 18 and it has stretched and lightened. It also by my own admission is/was/shall forever be a bit shit.

Please could you tell me.

A. If a cover up would be possible.
    B. a suggestion for a possible cover up.

I have no problem expanding across the whole of my chest.

Many thanks.
    chestau.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Whoa dude that is a harsh tattoo. It would be super chill if you hit that thing with a kick ass laser a few times dude. Then go for a super rad cover up.
    Chillax it will all be good.

Pinklace
    Participant
    @pinklace

I quite like the tatoo u got lol.
    I don’t think that would be easy to cover a few lazer seshs an it would be.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

That does need a few laser treatments.

That will give you some time to pick a replacement.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

It needs to be brighter if you want that covered. People who can get coverups without lasering, usually are people who got themselves text-tattoos.
    That can be hidden in a “dark-shadow-area” which is a part of a bigger piece. Yours is a bigger picture… so no.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@Pinklace 123071 wrote:

I don’t think that would be easy to cover a few lazer seshs an it would be.

Your not looking at the tattoo lol

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

@Pinklace 123071 wrote:

……………..

atarikid
    Participant
    @atarikid

@hustlesix 123067 wrote:

Hi everybody I hope you’re all chilling and enjoying themselves on this site.

With a spliff or a lil beverage I hope. intoxication is as always, delightful.

Aaaanyway.

I’m looking to get a cover up of my chest tattoo. I’ve had it since I was 18 and it has stretched and lightened. It also by my own admission is/was/shall forever be a bit shit.

Please could you tell me.

A. If a cover up would be possible.
    B. a suggestion for a possible cover up.

I have no problem expanding across the whole of my chest.

Many thanks.
    chestau.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hey

Right I’m not a professional at all. But I would like to disagree with some people here saying you couldn’t cover this.

Yes it MAY need one or two sessions with laser treatment, but If you go to a top tier custom studio they’d probably be able to do something with it.

Obviously if you went straight for the cover up, you’d be looking to cover a great deal of your chest. As others have said in this thread light colours may not be suitable here but bright colours may be up for doing with. But most definitely black and grey.

The angles and the line in this however blown out they are are very one directional so you could in turn use these lines to match up with lines in the cover image, say for example you wanted to get an old school Galleon ship. The lines from the rocks could be turned into some lines from the waves and maybe rocks coming from a shore (if you were to have it crashing) and the crosses you have at the top could be turned into masts. You could use the line coming from the Lions ear down through his cheek as the front most point of the ship itself and follow the shape of its body and the main hold of the ship.

But that’s totally my 100% unprofessional opinion, go to a good studio and ask about there, many custom tattoo studios should have one artist there who can specialize in cover ups. It wont be cheap though, you know what they say, good tattoos aren’t cheap and cheap tattoos aren’t good.

Edit – One thing to think of though, is this piece scarred or raised as tattoos with scarring are harder to cover up.

hustlesix
    Participant
    @hustlesix

Wow atarikid I have literally no further questions.

Cheers bro

atarikid
    Participant
    @atarikid

@hustlesix 123137 wrote:

Wow atarikid I have literally no further questions.

Cheers bro

No problem, it’s what I live for =)

But don’t take ONLY my word, honestly mate, go to a professional and a GOOD one, I cannot stress that fact enough. And also I cannot stress enough that I am NOT at all trained so my input here could very well be a heap load of horse shit.

But I like boats!! hahah =)

hustlesix
    Participant
    @hustlesix

‘I’m on a boat’ by lonely island is one of my all time favourite songs maybe I could make it a homage to that.

anonymous
    Participant
    @anonymous

Laser it a few times before proceeding.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.