bdmetalmulisha
@

Hey everyone. so i had this tattoo done the other week and the tattoo artist didn’t get it quite right. i was hoping the blue would look less bold and more whispy and like wind.
i was hoping someone would be able to help add to the design to give me some ideas for when i go back.
i was thinking of having a few more feathers come out of the birds tail (peacock like feathers or along those lines)
and maybe some purple shading near the blue to make it look like “wind”

also do you think some colour in the bird would work??

i have attatched a picture of my current tattoo. please feel free to print and draw a design on it as im open to all ideas and comments.
thanks guys.

IMAG0050.jpg

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

If you are gonna add some purple mist around I would also suggest maybe filling in those stars with a bit of colour.

Take a look at my backpiece and you get an idea on how purple clouds and shading looks.

I would also recommend some bolder relining on the black where it cuts through the blue and more blue shading where it runs over the black as both are still visible.

If you want y honest opinion take it to a more qualified artist and get it fully reworked – you have a great basis there but it has a number of basic errors (which are fixable) to make the ink really shine.

Take care
Matthew

StandardIssue
Participant
@standardissue

i’m no artist, nor will I claim to ever be.

But if I were you the way I would go about an add-on is by first diligently researching artists in your area. When you are taken back by someones’ work that’s a good start, but it’s when you’re truely speachless that you’ve found your artist.

….so find your artist then approach them with the same question you came to us with. not only will you get a better/more accurate answer but you might even get a sketch to go with it. IMHO ink is more about the artist than it is about the piece, so when you go to get it reworked, do NOT spare any expense or time considering the artist or it’ll show on the final product.

BEST OF LUCK! and keep us posted!

–tom

downriver
Participant
@downriver

Give it a few months to fade, if it’s still too bold go tanning, that will tone it down a bit too

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.