naj
Participant
@naj

Hey everyone, its been a while since ive been on the forums but im glad to be back!

I have my next session on december 4th to finish up my angel tattoo and am looking for ideas and suggestions for the piece. I want to stick to the Psalm 23 type theme and would appreciate any ideas or advice. Here is what i have so far.
Photoon2010-11-17at16083.jpg

I was thinking about putting “Psalms 23” between the wings and getting clouds in the background similar to this

http://www.shaneoneilltattoos.com/tattoos/Black_and_Gray_tattoos/tattoos_33896.html

However, I think that there are other directions that i can take with a piece like this and would like to know what you think!
Thanks,
naj

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I tend to think that words on a piece like this would screw it up. You know what the tat is about, why advertise it in such an open obvious way? I think you have the start of an amazing piece of art here but you could easily veer off course if you aren’t careful. I think the clouds and such in the link you provided were perfect.

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz
Gsouder;76912 wrote:
I tend to think that words on a piece like this would screw it up. You know what the tat is about, why advertise it in such an open obvious way? I think you have the start of an amazing piece of art here but you could easily veer off course if you aren’t careful. I think the clouds and such in the link you provided were perfect.

I agree. The words would really detract from the piece.

naj
Participant
@naj

thanks guys. I’ll be bringing in the reference picture to my artist soon. I appreciate the input !
Any other ideas though, maybe for the underarm, or tricep area?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.