Poesy
Participant
@poesy

So here’s my photos of my tattoo.

I’m not actually putting it up for general criticism – some people such as Sherav and Gnarly very nicely asked to see it so I’m sharing.

I adore it. The star is my adaptation of a star of my college crest from uni. The bird is from a Keats poem, the lines:

‘away, away for I will fly to thee,
Not charioted by Bacchus and his ‘pards
But on the viewless wings of poesy

Before you jump on the writing, it’s MY handwriting ๐Ÿ˜› There’s a few little places where the ink hasn’t ‘taken’ in the star, and the tail of the dove. (dove has a whole load of extra stuff tied to it…) Will probably get star touched up but not dove, as I love it as it is – looks older that way

I am a little worried about bleeding of the letters as they are small, but this was my design blown up to what they thought was safe so I’ll trust their judgement. They wouldnt let me have the star smaller cos of blurring so I’m assuming they know what they’re talking about?

Anyway…

Just done. Relatively painless so swelling is minimal

My leg, so you can get an idea of where is is

And a close up from a week ago. Star is properly flecking off now…think I was over moisturising.

Thanks people who asked to see it!

Poesy (now you get the name!)

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Pic’s aren’t showing up….but they open in new tabs…

ArniVidar
@arnividar

If you remove the / at the end of the image urls, you should get it to work just fine.

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Nope….thanks for the idea but didn’t work! ๐Ÿ™

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Hmm.. must be the @ symbol, screwing with the BB code then.

I guess it’s best to remove the img code completely and just leave the links. At least that way people can see them.

Oh, and thanks for sharing. I know it’s not easy sharing ink you like with us mean ol’ sharks ๐Ÿ™‚

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

Oh boo. I wanted to see.
Would you consider PMing a link?

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

HeyGnarly ๐Ÿ™‚

If you right click on the little box in the OP you should be able to open an image in a new tab? There are like 5 photos?

Thanks for taking an interest ๐Ÿ™‚

Poesy x

Metal Maniac
Participant
@metal-maniac
Poesy;70693 wrote:
HeyGnarly ๐Ÿ™‚

If you right click on the little box in the OP you should be able to open an image in a new tab? There are like 5 photos?

Thanks for taking an interest ๐Ÿ™‚

Poesy x

Can’t see anything ๐Ÿ™

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Thanks Jlin ๐Ÿ™‚

There are 5 photos that can be got through those links, various areas of healing etc

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.