JamesJ
Participant
@jamesj

As I said in my welcome post, here are some pictures of my tattoos!

First up, my coverup sleeve, covering a crappy done snake. Work by Chris Barber at True Love Tattoos in Kidderminster. Still a work in progress as you can see, my skin doesnt like keeping the ink in too well (even though I heal really well / quickly with no scabbing), but its getting there. I haven’t got any pictures of the top half but its a dragon going over onto my chest. Should also add that these picutres are 3 days after my last sitting, so a fair amount is unhealed work.

SDC10144.jpg
SDC10146.jpg
SDC10156.jpg
SDC10158.jpg

Heres a lizard I had done in Ibiza a while back, not the best quality work, but I love it (keeping reptiles is a huge hobby of mine)

SDC10160.jpg

Apriltg
Participant
@apriltg

Looks good, and I like the unusual color choice on the koi. Kois come so many colors other then orange, it’s nice to see a tattoo that reflects that.

Slappy13
Participant
@slappy13

Are those rocks behind the cherry blossoms?

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

it looks more like the artist isnt going deep enough to me, it sounds like you have thick skin hence why it aint scabbing, they aint hitting the correct layer.

i like the design of the koi, but unsure about the rocks or whatever they are behing them cherry blossoms…. and to me the lizard looks like the best piece

Slappy13
Participant
@slappy13
Outlaw;61381 wrote:
it looks more like the artist isnt going deep enough to me, it sounds like you have thick skin hence why it aint scabbing, they aint hitting the correct layer.

i like the design of the koi, but unsure about the rocks or whatever they are behing them cherry blossoms…. and to me the lizard looks like the best piece

Actually if those are indeed rocks the shape of them is just like mine. I believe that it’s a design that has started to be incorporated into many more traditional looking Japanese pieces by American or Western artist.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw
Slappy13;61384 wrote:
Actually if those are indeed rocks the shape of them is just like mine. I believe that it’s a design that has started to be incorporated into many more traditional looking Japanese pieces by American or Western artist.

ooops sorry if i offended anyone…. i didnt mean to sound rude

Slappy13
Participant
@slappy13
Outlaw;61386 wrote:
ooops sorry if i offended anyone…. i didnt mean to sound rude

Nah no offense taken. Mine are the same shape but actually look like they have eyes or a mouth like ghosts or something. I was just trying to provide a bit of background behind the design. If anyone knows more about how those started to crop up into Japanese style tattoos I’d like to know. Here’s mine btw.

4356400689_af0e1c4861.jpg

4356402947_043bebc99b.jpg

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

out of interest do you have any before pics ?? id like to see what your having covered up
snake ??

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

Can’t wait to see it finished. As of right now, I’m not feeling the color-in too much. It looks like your artist either isn’t going in deep enough with the ink or not putting enough pressure within the fingers to get a feel texture and smooth to it. It looks sloppy and all over the place but I’m anticipating the finished product as a quick hit and different colorings can make it a solid piece. Keep us updated.

JamesJ
Participant
@jamesj

Thanks for the replies guys!

Yea they are rocks behind the cherry blossoms. I was abit confused as to why the colour wasn’t staying in as all of the artists other work I have seen has been great, he has even worked on my girlfriend and that came out perfect. So I came to the conclusion it was just my skin…

EDIT:

I haven’t got any before pictures sorry, but it is covering a snake yes.

JamesJ
Participant
@jamesj

Here are a few pictures now it’s healed, the most recent sitting is less patchy than previous ones but I’m still unsure if its still too patchy or am I being picky? Its the black more than anything that I feel stands out as being patchy. Do I let him do some more sittings and see how it goes? Or are there any other good japanese artists in the Midlands area that could take a look in person and give me their opinion?

IMG_0228.jpg
IMG_0229.jpg
IMG_0230.jpg

Thanks for the help!

Slappy13
Participant
@slappy13

Looks like it’s coming along nicely. Is that part of the snake going to be left visible? If so it seems like less of a cover up and more of a cover through. It doesn’t seem like it would take much to completely cover it up though. And just by going off the pics the black does look like it may have just a few lighter patches in it. I would think a touch up would take care of that.

JamesJ
Participant
@jamesj

Cheers, the snake will be completely covered eventually 🙂 It took a while to heal this time so the black might look a bit better when the skin has settled down. Got another sitting a week on thursday too!

JamesJ
Participant
@jamesj

Here’s it a couple of months down the line, the bottom front im happy with (although the rocks need more work to fully cover the snake), but the rest of it is still rather patchy, although most of it hasn’t been gone over since the earlier pictures. Design wise I love it, its just the patchyness thats getting me down.

Still wouldn’t mind someone elses opinion on it if there is anywhere someone recommends in the midlands?

IMG_9448.png
IMG_9446.png
IMG_9443.png
IMG_9442.png

knarF
Participant
@knarf

The black looks slightly patchy, but most artists will touch up things like that for free once it’s had time to heal properly.

Out of interest, i’m in the midlands, which shop/artist you using?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.