Valo.
Participant
@valo

My old dog (obviously named Buddy), passed away July 23, 2008. Two months after his passing, I got this tattoo in memory of him. He was a huge part of my life, and I miss him dearly. That paw print is his actual paw. We knew a week in advance we had to put him down because he was full of cancer, so I had this idea brewing for a while. Funny story, I dunked his foot in black paint and stamped it on a piece of paper for the artist to use as a reference, I didn’t want some random paw. I wanted HIS paw. Either way, I got the print and let him go, figuring I got what I needed… I forgot his foot was covered in black paint! He took off, tracking black paws all over the wooden floors. It was great.

It’s on my inner fore arm, right below the middle of the arm.
img2481s.jpg

And this was Buddy, AKA Bigelow, Babalu, Dogzina, Dogzilla, and waaaay too many more.
img0263n.jpg

CruisingComet
Participant
@cruisingcomet

Sorry to hear of the loss of your buddy, it’s tough when they leave us, but at least you have a permanent reminder of him 😎

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

its looking nice , its heartbreaking !! they really do become part of the family .
I have a dog and i treat her like a baby she wants to cuddle all the time and is always by my side .
especially at dinner time :rolleyes:

Lumal
Participant
@lumal

Your story brings tears to my eyes, i love animals specially dogs. I’ve been thinking about having something tattood for my old dog, a black lab called laku (liquorice in finnish). He passed away about 4 years ago but i still miss him all the time. I have 2 dogs atm, and we will prob take a third one when we move to a bigger place. Anyway, the paw thing about your tattoo is really sweet, so sorry about your loss.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

A very nice tattoo.

I have had a number of dogs over the year and I particulary miss 16 & 17 but because of work I am now restricted to only fish.

Not the same when I retire I fully intend to get another dog.

Take Care
Matthew

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

I am sorry for your loss. What a great way to carry a memory of your dog.

IT_LBS2
Participant
@it_lbs2

Great tattoo. I to am a dog lover and would be heart broken if either of my dogs left us. They are both our babies and we treat them just the same. I am working on finding a good place to have their portrait of them on me. Just can’t figure a good spot.

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

Great idea for a tattoo and memorial to a lovely companion. Our dogs really get under our skin (no pun intended) don’t they?
I have a tattoo for my dog too, I had her for 15 yrs and miss her dreadfully.
skylar111-1.jpg

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.