Lukej
Participant
@lukej

hi everyone, i got my first tattoo the other day, it’s only small but it defiently got me wanting more haha, i loved it.

wristat.jpg

i got it because it reminds me to make the most out of my life cos i’ll only get to live it once, no one gets out of life alive. I was sure i wanted it because sometimes confidence used to hold me back, and even though it sounds stupid, this tattoo actually reminds me to just go for it.

I want something along the same lines for my chest, I was thinking ‘Like roses we blossom and die’ but my girlfriend says it’s ‘too morbid’ haha. I was also thinking something like ‘I rest my future in the only hands i trust, my own’ but it seems a bit long winded?

Any ideas for my chest? following the theme of living once, confidence and not letting fear hold you back. Thanks!

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

Since you’ve already gotten a text tattoo, perhaps your next one should be an image, or several images. You would still be able to convey the same idea through a picture.
I feel like different maxims and mottos all over looks messy, IMO.

Obviously if you have your heart set on it, go for it, it’s your body. And if you are set on it, I like some of these quotes:

“Unbeing dead isn’t being alive.”
-Cummings
“We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.”
-Vonnegut
“If there is sin against life, it consists… in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this life.”
-Camus

SRC
Participant
@src

my tattoo artist said “only regret what you DON’T do.”
it’s simple and i like it

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I’ve got ‘Seize Fate By The Throat’ on my chest, curving around my collarbone. It’s a bit more in your face but it’s a similar message.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.