BIKERinBLACK77
    Participant
    @bikerinblack77
    bjornvil;46864 wrote:
    To be honest there isn´t much of a story behind it per se. I had this ugly tribal on my arm which I got when I was 16 and have been wanting to cover it for a while.

I was thinking Japanese style and the artist said it would probably need to be a Koi. I was fine with that and had been looking at Koi tattoos up until my session. When I came in he was like “Naw… I want to do something else!” and I was happy with letting him do his own thing. He came up with the bird, which suits me kind of well as I am a pilot. Also, to me they are a symbol of freedom and strength, and it just looks cool as hell.

The Hannya was my idea. I´ve always liked the look of them, and the story behind them especially. How they represent anger and jealousy, but still show the sorrow and sadness behind these ‘bad’ feelings. I´ve been through these feelings myself (breakups) and I think it should be a reminder of how these feelings can turn a person.

Okay, okayyy I can digg that. 😎

Duzzy
    Participant
    @duzzy

I agre, great job with the coverup, congrats to the artist and yourself for the long sitting looks great…

Duzzy

carpboy
    Participant
    @carpboy

looks great m8,well done

rockdrummer
    Participant
    @rockdrummer

Awesome work!

What’s that bird called? Im really diggin it.

Bdubbs
    Participant
    @bdubbs

Looks amazing, congrats!

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw
    rockdrummer;60748 wrote:
    what’s that bird called? Im really diggin it.

polly …. :d

Rockysmom
    Participant
    @rockysmom

wow, you wouldn’t know it was a coverup! nice.

hORNYtattooTAi
    @

Looks great!

bjornvil
    Participant
    @bjornvil

Hey everybody!

Thanks for the comments, all very appreciated! 🙂

My artist asked me to come in for a little touch up last weekend. It became a 1,5 hour session where he coloured the Hannya again, filled it up a bit better as he thought it looked a bit too pale. He also added some lines here and there, corrected some spots which didn’t heal up too great and added a bit of shading.

All in all I think it looks a lot better, and the artist is very pleased with it. See a fresh picture of it below.

26294_1242563432398_1478705723_30619356_3112699_n.jpg

I will probably go and finish the half sleeve with a piece on the inside of my arm after the summer… I’m a bit short on cash until then 🙂

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk
    Outlaw;46639 wrote:
    look closely at the wings liz, its just noticeable…. but only if you know its there to start with.

the artist has done a cracking job on it 😉

Hell, I AM looking for it and I can’t see it. What can we say, fat men are talented!

Damn that’s killer.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Apriltg
    Participant
    @apriltg

wow, that pops even more now, I love it.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.