bjornvil
    Participant
    @bjornvil

Hi, just thought i´d post this here as well as in the introduce yourself section in case some of you don´t cehck that session.

This is my newest tattoo. The artist´s name is Thomas Asher, he is a guest artist at the shop which is called Reykjavik Ink.

The tattoo was done in one session, he started tattooing around 18:00, we finished around 01:00, about 7 hours later. I´d say total time in the chair about 5,5 hours.

The bird is covering an old tribal I had.

Pics for you! Looking forward to your feedback.

img00270x.jpg

img00272y.jpg

img00271g.jpg

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

stunning piece of work, specially in covering the trible piece you had… Kudos to the artist, and well done to you for such a long sitting….

bjornvil
    Participant
    @bjornvil
    Outlaw;46555 wrote:
    stunning piece of work, specially in covering the trible piece you had… Kudos to the artist, and well done to you for such a long sitting….

Thanks! I am really surprised at how well he managed to cover that tribal up.

I am pretty proud of myself for the long sitting, but Thomas (the artist) was really thoughtful and never worked on the same area for too long. He´d basically outline a small area, then color and shade it, then outline another area a bit from the area he just worked on and worked like that through most of the tattoo so he was never working on the same area for too long.

But I can admit that the last hour or so was not very pleasant and in the end I had quite a shake going on in my legs 🙂

-DMD-
    Participant
    @dmd

wow, this looks really awesome man!!
    take good care of this great piece of ink and enjoy yourself!

tygerliz
    Participant
    @tygerliz

wait theres tribal under that??? -______- ( <- squinting face ) where?

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw
    tygerliz;46637 wrote:
    wait theres tribal under that??? -______- ( <- squinting face ) where?

look closely at the wings liz, its just noticeable…. but only if you know its there to start with.

the artist has done a cracking job on it 😉

tygerliz
    Participant
    @tygerliz

interesting.

BIKERinBLACK77
    Participant
    @bikerinblack77

Excellent piece of art you have there! I bet you’re sporting that proudly!!!!:cool: I’ve been debating on getting a Haanya mask as a part of my leg sleeve that deals with; never giving up, living and learning, and a bad relationship love triangle that ruined my relationship as well as a best-friend.

If you don’t mind me asking; how much did that set you back? PM me if you don’t want to display it on the forums…&& if you don’t want to give out that info no hard feelings! 🙂

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

the hanya mask is my fav part of it , get one done biker 😀

bjornvil
    Participant
    @bjornvil

Thanks you guys! I really appreciate your comments. You are right, I am so proud of this!

And Biker… I had this done here in Iceland, and paid in Icelandic Kronur. As you might know our currency is shit these days, so I don´t know if it would help you at all if you knew how much it cost… but I´d be happy to share it with you if you really want 🙂

I am now wondering what to put on the inside of my arm to complete the half sleeve. Any suggestions? Something Japanese style that would go well with the rest? 🙂

ArniVidar
    @arnividar
    bjornvil;46780 wrote:
    And Biker… I had this done here in Iceland, and paid in Icelandic Kronur. As you might know our currency is shit these days, so I don´t know if it would help you at all if you knew how much it cost… but I´d be happy to share it with you if you really want 🙂

I find it easiest to div by 70 when I’m telling people outside how much things cost today. Relativistically for them, that number makes more sense because that is what it WOULD cost if our krona wasn’t near worthless.

I’m actually interested too. 12k ISK an hour?

bjornvil
    Participant
    @bjornvil

ArniVidar and Biker, check your pm´s 😉

BIKERinBLACK77
    Participant
    @bikerinblack77
    bjornvil;46803 wrote:
    ArniVidar and Biker, check your pm´s 😉

Thanks; I replied.

What inspiried this piece?

bjornvil
    Participant
    @bjornvil

To be honest there isn´t much of a story behind it per se. I had this ugly tribal on my arm which I got when I was 16 and have been wanting to cover it for a while.

I was thinking Japanese style and the artist said it would probably need to be a Koi. I was fine with that and had been looking at Koi tattoos up until my session. When I came in he was like “Naw… I want to do something else!” and I was happy with letting him do his own thing. He came up with the bird, which suits me kind of well as I am a pilot. Also, to me they are a symbol of freedom and strength, and it just looks cool as hell.

The Hannya was my idea. I´ve always liked the look of them, and the story behind them especially. How they represent anger and jealousy, but still show the sorrow and sadness behind these ‘bad’ feelings. I´ve been through these feelings myself (breakups) and I think it should be a reminder of how these feelings can turn a person.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

i feel left out ….. i didnt get a PM 🙁 lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.