Quail
    Participant
    @quail

Hey guys, this is my work in progress. The work on my forearm isn’t that great (I was young and didn’t do my research), but I’m happy with the rest of the work. I’d be glad to hear your opinions.

> Hoatzin/Canje pheasant (adapted from a Japanese Phoenix)
    > Amazon Lillies
    > Ancestral family name

Anyway, pics:

newtattoo2.jpg

newtattoo1.jpg

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

I got a case of ink envy here the upper part of your arm is fantastic – I love the flow of the linework.
    I would only ask any chance of clearer pics and some close ups so I can see the linework in more detail?

Who was the artist?

The forearm is not that bad at all – seen hundreds which are way worse.

I would advise maybe a rework of the lines and some more shading within the cross, along with a rework of the surrounding lattice and that will become a very sweet looking tattoo.

Great Stuff!

Take Care
    Matthew

Quail
    Participant
    @quail

Thanks Sherav, I just took these 2 quickly; its the best I could do I’m afraid. Its surprisingly hard to take a photo of your own arm!

DSC_0064-1.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

The artist (for the bird, flowers, clouds, etc) was Emma Grech from Lady Luck in Portsmouth. Her waiting list is quite large now. I tried to get a sitting for some more outline work, but she was booked for quite a while.

I agree with the rework, the cross has faded quite dramatically now. I’ll ask Emma to touch it up. The next sitting I’m hoping to have a humming bird, more lillies and some water outlined. This’ll be on my forearm. My family’s from Guyana, so that was the “theme” for the tattoo – nature native to the Amazon. I like Japanese tattoos though, so the style features heavily.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

That is some sweet linework. The two styles really fuse together well.

Wear that with pride!
    Looking forward to seeing the end results.

Take Care
    Matthew

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.