is this normal?

right after
    http://i44.tinypic.com/24l7692.jpg

3 days later.
    http://i43.tinypic.com/b5m7ms.jpg

BowsButtons
    Participant
    @bowsbuttons

That’s totally not normal. I don’t mean to patronise but did you pick at it or pull the scabs off or something?
    That’s the only way it would fade like that so fast..

Go speak to your tattooist, they’ve got to fix it for free if it’s not your fault.

I hope you get it sorted!

🙂

wtlndwarrior13
    Participant
    @wtlndwarrior13

i promise you, any skin that came off, was when i was putting on lotion
    i did NOT pick anything! skin just rubbed off

i dont think he went deep enough.

BowsButtons
    Participant
    @bowsbuttons

Hmmm, what lotion did you use?

The tattooist not going deep enough could be the cause.

wtlndwarrior13
    Participant
    @wtlndwarrior13

i used aquaphor by eucerin

BowsButtons
    Participant
    @bowsbuttons

Man that’s odd.
    I don’t know what to suggest other than to go to the guy who tattooed you.
    It’s got to be something to do with the quality of ink or the tattooist. Tattoos performed by inexperienced tattooists often fade because they are either not done deeply enough and the color leaches away, or too deeply which causes scar tissue and excess scabbing.

Did you go in salt water, chlorinated pools, hot tubs, or spas while a tattoo is healing? Until the skin is healed, water can get into the skin and dilute the tattoo.

aldridge09
    Participant
    @aldridge09

i would have to agree and say thatthe artist was new. Look at the lines, they look really shaky or wavy like he was scared crapless. The guy who did my first tat was fairly new and the original lines on the cross were pretty shaky and alot of color came out (not that bad though!) i just went back and had the owner touch it up. They are kind of obligated to fix their screw up.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

without sounding rude its hard to reply to this post,

first off i would say that it was not done by a pro artist, the shading is monotone, the lining is inconsistant, and i would say that it is more the depth and technique of the person doing it and also possibly that their machine setup was not correct, its quite easy for people to blame it on shitty inks, but to be honnest with you anyone who knows what they are doing will even get crapp to stay in.

go back and see them if its only been 3 days, but to be honnest i have to ask…….. what aftercare treatment was you advised to go along with ??

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

sorry dude but that is one bad tattoo, i hope you didnt pay for it lol!!:eek: Did they give you tattoo removal cream instead of bepanthen? lol, sorry im being cheeky:)

illume666
    Participant
    @illume666

when i read what you first posted i didnt expect that kinda result!
    has to be depth i rekon. mine are quite bright but do fade a tad when they peel as expected but thats mental!
    keep us posted with what your artist had to say/do about this?????

madnessssss

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Looking at the tattoo (I will point out at this point I am not an artist so just opinion)

I have seen several tattoos with a similar effect and yes shitty inks do not help but that said;

The calibration speed of the machine is completely wrong – the ink has not gone deep enough to keep the pigment in once it scabs or peels.

If you go too deep you end up with a crust of scab and a real painful wait on tattoo healing and there is a risk of keloid scarring.

Don’t go deep enough and you end up with what I nickname the ‘sieve flush’. Tattoos are basically hundreds of ‘holes’ that push pigment to the 4-5th dermal layer of your skin. If it doesn’t go deep enough the ink is flushed away as the body tries to force out the foreign body by creating new lower dermal scar tissue (what locks the ink in place).

This pushes the pigment up and out leaving you with a shitty and washed out, faded tattoo. Yes there are some ppl who reject pigments more than others but if done right that shit stays in the skin.

I would appreciate it if artists correct me here but the main causes are;

1. Use of shitty ebay dual/combi liners and shaders often made in the far east. From my research the quality control on these suck.

2. An ‘artist’ who has no clue how to calibrate the coils and power supplyso that the needle hits the right speeds – you need different settings for shading and lining.

3. Cheap, nasty ink

4. All or a mixture of the above.

That tattoo is a nice design my advice is take it to a pro artist get it redone and put the first time down to experience.

Take Care
    Matthew

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

when are you going to learn to tattoo matthew? All your points are right on the money.:D

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Izarrasink

You need serious artistic talent that I lack and I would need to seriously get my drawing skills back up.

That said I did have a test blast last night on a mickey sharpz liner and some fake skin to finally get an idea (for my reseach) on how the machine works on ‘flesh’. One thing to know theory another to feel it.

Kudos to my former artist who let me – made set up the whole studio work the autoclave and disinfect the entire area – all serious stuff – it was great. 😀

I take my cap off to you artists – getting a straight line was really difficult .

So I think I have around 4-5 years drawing practice before I would consider picking a machine up again.

Take Care
    Matthew

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

i tattooed an inner lip today mate, now getting a straight line on that sucker was a mission lol, great that your artist made you set up right from scratch, tattooing’s not to be taken lightly at all, especially the hygiene standards. In our sterilization room we wear gloves at all times and use tissues to touch anything like door handles etc.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

I agree totally – he wouldn’t let me in the back till we had scrubbed and gloved.
    Glad you are keeping busy at the shop.

Matthew

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.