Tat2dBaldDude
    Participant
    @tat2dbalddude

I had a member on the site here today tell me that my Kanji script tattoo below (on my left arm) is crooked/not straight. He also mentioned that it’s not just a little bad, but that the tattoo looks downright horrible and I might want to get it covered up. This person is the first and only person who has ever mentioned this to me.

Now, I spoke with a tattoo artist a couple weeks ago (someone different from the original artist and who is at a totally different studio) and he said that the lines are a little bumpy and the color is fading, but that he could fix it right up. And that’s all he mentioned about it.

What do you think? Does it definitely look crooked or does it look perfectly straight?

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

To say it is crooked is extreme.

There are some small curves in the lines, but nothing drastic. The colour could do with a reshade to make it brighter.

I take it it was a free hand tattoo?

It is very difficult to get a perfectly straight line without a ruler so will get some slight curves.
    That said some extra shading on the lines and more colour will make it look like new again.

Take Care
    Matthew

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

I don’t know man–it looks really noticeably crooked to me.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

the linework is not the best

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

i agree that the lines arnt brill but it doesnt look that crooked to me , only last night i saw one on flickr placed the same .

Tical
    Participant
    @tical

I don’t know what did the Cats in the sherdog “OT” say?

chipoakes
    Participant
    @chipoakes

Being on your forearm and the skin on your arms constantly moving/twisting, what does it matter? I have a piece on mine that looks fine while standing still, but when I roatate my wrist it moves as well. I agree with the touchup though. New lines and some color and it’ll be fine.

Tat2dBaldDude
    Participant
    @tat2dbalddude
    Tical;38244 wrote:
    I don’t know what did the Cats in the sherdog “OT” say?

Nothing even remotely NON-Sarcastic. God, I had a feeling someone from the OT would find me here. 🙁

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.