Perssonj
    Participant
    @perssonj

Hey names James

Just got my first tattoo yesterday night, so naturally looking to show it off and get some more feedback. It’s a Carabao bull symbol that I learnt about when I stayed over in Thailand.

Was extremely drunk one night with my dad one night and his mates, I noticed a large amulet around one of my dads mates neck and I asked him what it was. He replied it is a Buddhist amulet but very special to him because above the traditional Buddhist amulet is a bulls head with a dove on its fore head, which belongs to the famous thai band Carabao. He went on to explain that the amulet carry’s say a certain merit and is very valuable. He then to my surprise offered it to me I gracesly accepted.

After a year of wearing it around my neck I became very found of the design of the bull. At the start of this year I made a new mate through my education that knew a tattoo artist and was getting his first tattoo, his turned out very well so 1 year later from my trip over seas I finally have it. I decided to go with a more modern design that I found on one of the bands album covers.

Here is the final result

l_51f1baa7cd444fc1b252f43d1c77c943.jpg

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00394-Copy.jpg

Was a amateur tattooist but my trust was well placed I believe so far, no errors that I can see. Still waiting for the the scabs etc. The bandage was a bit of a joke with some gel lol. Been using Benoplane something about 4 times a day keeping it moistish except the first night I had it because the chemist was shut.

Heres the orignal design I was sort of considering but I like my up beat one alot better, it’s from a member of Carabao only found out he had one the day before I got the tattoo lol.

l_b1a1b4d2b114151fbfd5359db9dce6a7.jpg

Hope to meet them one time as I have a amulet now I will be able to sit with the band at functions and gigs etc unfortunately I was sick last time and missed out when they were in Pattaya.

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

If you’re gunna go small, that’s the way to do it; make it a symbol of something that means a lot to you. Congratulations on your first tattoo. It’s not a difficult concept to duplicate which makes it good practice for the newbie inker. Plus you probably saved some money. It looks great, kudos.

Perssonj
    Participant
    @perssonj

Cheers, yes was a bargain only 50 dollars AUS and some drinks down at the pub.

Saint
    Participant
    @saint

Looks good my friend, simple and a good looking tattoo that means a lot cant ask for more.

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh
    Perssonj;31371 wrote:
    Cheers, yes was a bargain only 50 dollars AUS and some drinks down at the pub.

Thats the way to do it!! Gotta go out and have some drinks afterwards.

AnGeLeYeSoNu
    Participant
    @angeleyesonu

I love the fact that it has meaning to you Its real cool ” Makes sense to have small” My first was a big one but it has a deep meaning to me it really is a personal thing and I trusted in the artist because I had seen so much of his work:)

Perssonj
    Participant
    @perssonj

Bad news

After 3 big nites out on the town dancing, I came home to discover I had lost my scabs on the black part of the tattoo, which were already concerning me as they were very highly raised above the skin around it. I’m now left with dents that are refilling with oozy yellow white substance and I can’t see any black ๐Ÿ™

Will a be able to get this fixed up once it heals.

How should I continue my treatment from now on.

I was told scabbing was normal and to wait it out, but I’m reading some people saying its bad on the internet?

Picture …

DSC00400.jpg

increased saturation to get some color difference

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

You need to call your tattoo artist and ask him. I’m sure once it’s healed all the way that your artist will reline it for you. From the looks of it, I can’t see that there is any infection but keep it cleaned regularly and moisturized. Keep a close eye on it and if things get worse, I’d recommend seeing a doctor.

Perssonj
    Participant
    @perssonj

thanks looking much better today, no dents anymore slightly gray/blue some parts. Get it fixed up in couple months most likely ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.