Participant
    @elgato72

took 2 day back to back 10 hours per arm
    it was worth the pain 🙂

jinny123
    Participant
    @jinny123

what are we looking at?

id you upload the pics somewhere and forget to post them ?

Add them to your album on the forum click on the quicklinks tab at the top

elgato72
    Participant
    @elgato72

i aded picture to my profile album see if u can see them tx

elgato72
    Participant
    @elgato72

i added picture to my profile album see if u can see them tx

NTshaw
    Participant
    @ntshaw

10 hours per arm?

that should have taken 8 hours total max.

looks like you got ripped off, but those are some nice tribals!

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

added the two best pics to the first post

wickedlooking tats mate very nice.

Can you post some bigger pics of the one where you hold your arms together

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

nice kiddo!! i likes lots

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

Tribal takes longer in some cases than other designs… Precision is key and if done incorrectly it would look tacky with blotches and unclean linework…. So they look good from what I can see.

NTshaw
    Participant
    @ntshaw
    Demure;31283 wrote:
    Tribal takes longer in some cases than other designs… Precision is key and if done incorrectly it would look tacky with blotches and unclean linework…. So they look good from what I can see.

blotches and unclean linework make any tattoo look tacky, not just tribal work.

these are completely symmetrical and obviously stenciled. 10 hours for each arm is absolutely preposterous. 2 words, ripped off.

part of being a consistent, reliable artist is being able to deliver good work for a fair price (decent running time)

i don;t care if you can spend half an hour making a single needlesroke look clean cut, i’m not paying 3000$ for a couple simple tribal tattoos.

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

Eh who knows.. Some artists have more prestige in certain areas and are more expensive. It just sort of depends.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink
    NTshaw;31310 wrote:
    blotches and unclean linework make any tattoo look tacky, not just tribal work.

these are completely symmetrical and obviously stenciled. 10 hours for each arm is absolutely preposterous. 2 words, ripped off.

part of being a consistent, reliable artist is being able to deliver good work for a fair price (decent running time)

i don;t care if you can spend half an hour making a single needlesroke look clean cut, i’m not paying 3000$ for a couple simple tribal tattoos.

mmm im with you on that one, first time i read the thread i thought whoa no way!! 20hrs work in total? far out
    any hoo, it does look fab:D

elgato72
    Participant
    @elgato72

was 10 hours per arm and 3 hours per arm 40 day after for touch up

NTshaw
    Participant
    @ntshaw

elgato if you don’t mind me asking, how much did you end up paying for the whole shibang?

standard rate is around 150$ / hour… and if that’s what you paid i feel sorry for you..

but if he charged by the piece, maybe 1400 or so for both arms that’s completely reasonable and actually preferable that he took (so, so, so) long.

once again though, they look great.

elgato72
    Participant
    @elgato72

1500 but it was worth it

Vaka
    Participant
    @vaka

They look the sex dude. Very impressive.

Any future plans? Personally I’m quite liking that space across the top of you’re back, seems like there’s definitely room there for something cool.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.